JFK to STT

Travel discussion for St. John
DonnaM

Re: JFK to STT

Post by DonnaM »

I booked 2 rooms at Hilton Garden Inn Queens/JFK airport. The 5 day park and fly rate inc. taxes was $277.78 for the night and the regular room was $198.59. There were quite a few hotels in a similar price range with decent reviews. I went with Hilton because I am in HHonors program.
With 4 of us flying, I am still saving $700, even paying for Priority seats with more legroom. The nonstop flights are a bonus too. EWR and PHL were more $$ and had stops.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Reaching out again.

I spent over 2 hours on booking.com today looking at hotels to spend 1 night on October 11 for our flight out of JFK. We're near Philly. I'm starting to think we made a big mistake.

Booking.com shows you all the hotels near JFK with pricing, how far they, shuttle service and whether parking is free or not. There's no free parking. And maybe that's the way it is in Philly. I never had to park overnight, but have parked at a lot for a week. Thing is. JFK parking, either at a hotel or an off lot is crazy expensive.

Can someone with experience let me know if we leave Philly and drive up,leave our car at a lot on the morning we depart that traffic will be ok? We are so nervous that traffic will be a nightmare. We would leave here about 4 am. I am stressing over this.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
lovest.john

Post by lovest.john »

We've taken the 8am flight out of JFK on 2 occasions (summer). We live 15 minutes from EWR. Leaving at 5am put us in JFK's long term lot by 6am. We never encountered any traffic at that hour in the morning. Their long term lot is right off exit 19 of the Belt Pkway, super easy. You should probably allow 15-20 minutes to get to your terminal via the AirTrain. We parked near the train terminal and never really waited long at all. Hope this helps.
Connie

Post by Connie »

So John, once you get to the long term lot, you take a train to the terminal? If so, how do pay for the train?
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I found $302 RT BOS => JFK => STT for next February. Cheapest air in a long time.
janet
loria

Post by loria »

not sure this helps... but you are welcome to leave your car here-- but we are in larchmont -- without traffic about 40 minutes to the airport-- at that hour you will be fine.. there is a radison hotel in new rochelle -- you could stay there and leave your car here for free and get a car service? (probably 125? plus tip?) or take an airport shuttle (less and they drop and pick up at the radison. oh and train from eh long term lot is FREE.....
the long term lot isn't that bad-- it's about 18 per day ....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
lovest.john

Post by lovest.john »

Connie wrote:So John, once you get to the long term lot, you take a train to the terminal? If so, how do pay for the train?
http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-airtrain.html

From the above link:
Travel around the airport: Take AirTrain free

AirTrain makes frequent stops everywhere around the airport: airline terminals, parking lots, hotel shuttle areas and rental car facilities. What's more, every AirTrain ride around the airport is free. The service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

(My username is lovest.john but my name is Sylvia :D )
SamanthaL

Post by SamanthaL »

We live right outside of Trenton and we flew, for the first time, out of JFK last October. Easy peasy, really. We arrived at the long term lot after NO traffic at 6am. Parked in long term parking and hopped right on the tram.
The long term lot is seriously like 20 seconds off the highway.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Lorna, that's so nice for you to offer that. Great people on this forum.

Sorry "Sylvia". I assumed :shock: