Fatty Crab

Travel discussion for St. John
iowaguy

Fatty Crab

Post by iowaguy »

I saw an article in News of St. John about a week ago that Fatty Crab was closing. Have not seen it mentioned anywhere else. Anyone know the answer? Just curious.
---Jim
Coconuts

Re: Fatty Crab

Post by Coconuts »

IG: I stopped by today to ask, and yes, they will be closing for good shortly. Their last day (or maybe the day that they close) will be April 19th, the Sunday after next. Too bad.

All the best,

Kevin
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

This makes me so sad - I was looking forward to a coconut cardamom panna cotta in a couple weeks :(
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

They posted the news on FB on April 1st. I was hoping it was a bad April Fool's joke. Bummer.
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Thanks for the first hand report, Coconuts. I'm sorry to see it go. They did a great job of remodeling that space and I'm hopeful another business will be in there soon.
---Jim
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I am not surprised. It was dead the whole time we were there in February, when most other restaurants were full.

That space seems to be cursed. Nothing seems to last more than five years in there.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Going back to February 2014, we walked in twice during the week before President's week and it was almost empty both times.

While we enjoyed our meals, I think the menu as well as the small plates concept is very specific as people seem to either love it or hate it.