Villa recco for family w 5&8 y/o

Travel discussion for St. John
Jws

Villa recco for family w 5&8 y/o

Post by Jws »

Hello. My husband and I went to St. John on our honeymoon and 2004. We return the next year for Thanksgiving. Now we have kids and really want to bring them. We are looking to book a villa in June or July at either this year or next. We're finding it hard to find a villa that has interior access to the bedrooms. We do not Feel comfortable with the traditional Caribbean style layout. Would really appreciate any recommendations for a villa that has interior access to the bedrooms. We would also like a pool. Hot tub would be nice but not necessary. And we really would like coral Bay side. we have been looking at Casa YaYa but are concerned it may be a bit worn inside? Hard to tell. The deck, pool, and view look amazing! We have also been looking at Bo Atabey but are concerned about no AC bc w the kids we may not feel comfy keeping the windows open. Does anyone know anything about these villas or could you recommend another one? We stayed at La Sirena our first year and Villa Carolina the second year. We loved Villa Carolina but at 4k a week in summer it's a bit above our price range. Thanks so much for any help! We are so excited to return to St. John and show our kids this wonderful place. :-)
RickG

Re: Villa recco for family w 5&8 y/o

Post by RickG »

We've done the trip many times with small kids. Here are the houses we've stayed at with interior access to bedrooms:
- Le Lapin II (4BR interior access)
- Jazz Villa (2BR interior access)
- Eaglesnest (2BR interior access)
- Sunset Beach (2BR interior access)
- Island Time (2BR interior access)
- Alessandra (2BR interior access)
- Bay House (2BR interior access)
- Dolphin Run (no a/c) (4BR interior access)

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

We stayed at Rhumb Runners in Coral Bay on our second visit. 2 bedrooms on 2nd floor, interior stairs. Each bedroom has its own bathroom and there is a half bath on the main floor. The second BR had twins so the kids had their own beds.

Nice pool, kitchen has been updated since our visit, paved road (up the hill from Crabby's) and knock out view! Owners were great.
NJsurfsup

Post by NJsurfsup »

Is Seabiscuit still in rental pool? If so might meet your recs.
villa madeline looks nice as well both are through Windspree.
Jws

Post by Jws »

Thanks so much for the recommendations. I will look into them. We recently found Flander's Villa and Alice By The Sea and are looking into those? Anyone know anything about these villas? I know that Flander's only has the one bedroom adjoining the great room with the others being downstairs with separate entrances, so we would probably just put the kids in the great room and call it good. The Villa looks like it has an awesome outdoor area but am concerned about one review that said it was so windy there you couldn't even eat outside. Alice by the Sea looks nice but there doesn't appear to be sun on the pool or deck in the afternoons, which is probably when we'd use it most after a morning of beaches and snorkeling. I suppose in the end you're in St. John so everything is ALL GOOD! :-)

I'll make a separate post about these two villas. Please keep any other suggestions coming. Really appreciate it!
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

We love Vista Caribe (3BR) interior access and a 4th BR/cottage. Their central AC works great and a pool with views to die for. Look at Angelica in Chocolate Hole 2BR, central AC & pool.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

As a babysitter on island, I have been in tons of villas. I was just in ALICE by the Sea Monday and actually go back tonight. It's lovely and the view is to die for. If it's too far out for you then Allesandra as Rick G mentioned would be a great fit for you. An older place but one that meets your needs would be Blue Tang in Chocolaate Hole. Lastly there are several in Virgin Grand estates that meet your requirements - first one that comes to mind is Kalorama.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting