Rash guards

Travel discussion for St. John
Connie

Rash guards

Post by Connie »

Never had one, but being fair blonde calls for one.

Where do you all buy them?
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
sherban

Re: Rash guards

Post by sherban »

Some on Sale at Landsend.com right now, they also sell at sears...
Connie

Post by Connie »

Thanks Sherban. I'll get right on it.
PL3

Post by PL3 »

gibber161

Post by gibber161 »

Check your local dive shops...always a great place to start...you can try them on before buying...Amazon is also a good place to shop for them. I am fair skinned and love my rash guards. :D :D
Connie

Post by Connie »

Thank you all. We will be going down the shore soon, so I'll check that out.
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

Go to coolibar.com. a bit pricy but all their clothes are infused with major sunscreen potection. High quality and they last. I'm a dive instructor and I get all my has and rash guards from them. They sell men's and children's as well. Regardless of your skin type, a rash guard is a good idea. Enjoy.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I've bought alot of things for our crew this yr at Leisure Pro.. as well as Ebay def. chk around for the best pricing before you buy. ;)

http://www.leisurepro.com/Catalog.aspx? ... rash+guard

Bought 3 of these for our crew: http://www.leisurepro.com/p-nspwss/neos ... watershirt
[/url]
hanginghigh704

Post by hanginghigh704 »

Costco will carry these in season as well - requires you being a member.
snorkeler525

Post by snorkeler525 »

I second the coolibar.com recommendation. I love their rash guards and they last a very long time. I like having a zipper in mine so it doesn't feel too constricting around the neck. Their water jackets are awesome.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

I bought both of mine at the stores by Skinny Legs. Be sure that yours fits tightly. They look small but when you're in the water you'll want it tight so it doesn't balloon around. The second one I bought, I got a size that fits more like a shirt. Too big once I get in the water.

I'm glad you're getting one - I'm fair skinned too and it's easy to burn when you're snorkeling and focused on all the cool stuff you're seeing. Plus mine is black with a funky pattern... makes me feel kind of bad a$$. 8)
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I wear them all of the time now when I swim...less sunblock needed...woo hoo. I have gotten them at Sports Authority, Academy, and a local outfitters store (Massey's). Friends and family have bought them at Cruz Bay Watersports and Low Key on St. John with STJ logos on them and another one bought one on Jost with a Jost shop's name on it. I like that they have the logos from places in the VI's on theirs :D

I agree on getting them to fit snug so they don't balloon or ride up on you.

Sometimes I think I am gonna wear neck to ankle rash guard so I can forgo the sunblock, but never actually do it.
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
inuny

Post by inuny »

I've gotten some from Lands End. I just got a coupon from Lands End Thru April 28 30% off regular prices. The codes:fun30 PIN: 5480
ShaSha

Post by ShaSha »

Check out Coolibar.com My family members have bought many from them and you can't wear them out and the Zipper ones make it very easy to get off and on. I have purchased other brands and sent them back after comparing them to the ones we have bought from coolibar.com. They wash wonderfully and color stays and they keep their shape!!!