P & P by the Sea (Moorehead Point, past Gallows Point)

Travel discussion for St. John
Agent99

P & P by the Sea (Moorehead Point, past Gallows Point)

Post by Agent99 »

I was cheating on Anthony - :wink: reading another STJ forum and saw a question about this restaurant. As many times as we have stayed at Gallows I never knew this place existed. I googled and found a description saying that they are open for lunch Tues - Sat and for dinner by appointment only. You select your dinner with your reservation. I love the sound of this. Has anyone here ever been?
Charlie2001

Re: P & P by the Sea (Moorehead Point, past Gallows Point)

Post by Charlie2001 »

We love P&P By the Sea. The restaurant is run by Patricia Moorhead, who is the sweetest lady you'll ever meet. The "restaurant" is small utility building housing the kitchen, with a small deck on the perimeter There are lots of mismatched lawn furniture tables and chairs on the lawn surrounding the deck. You are up on the top of Moorehead Point, you can see the car barges come and go, and also have a great view of Pillsbury Sound. There are peacocks walking around the grounds, and a few friendly cats as well.

On our first visit back in 2010, we didn't know the process of ordering when making a reservation. We showed up and she asked if we had a reservation, we said we did not, and she let us know that she may not have enough food to feed us. We told her that we'd take whatever she could put together, and ended up with an excellent roti, shrimp fritters, salad, plantains, and other sides.

On our visit in 2013, her husband Patrick was suffering some complications from diabetes and was not doing well. Last August we called and left messages for a reservation, but never got a return call. We drove by and she was closed up tight. Could have been due to it being August, when our other trips were in June/July. Please let me know if she is still open, it's our favorite place to eat.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Thanks so much for the reply Charlie! Iwill certainly report back if they are still open. Do they serve cocktails or, if not, can you bring your own bottle of wine?
Charlie2001

Post by Charlie2001 »

I doubt that she has much of a wine selection, but she always has cold beer and makes a great rum punch. It's a VERY casual setting, but the food is some of the best local cuisine I've had anywhere in the USVI or BVI.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Perfect! Thanks!
Nancie-Pa

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Thanks for the review, Charlie! I, too, am interested in eating at P & P, but they were closed the few times I've stopped in. Might have been the wrong day or time, can't remember. I figured it's kind of like Vie's... sometimes they're there, sometimes not. Will be on island in May and will stop in again. Fingers crossed! :D
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
bill

Post by bill »

This restaurant sounds great. I found the phone number on line.
I called today and spoke to her and she sounds lovely. Said she is open, although was closed today. I told her we wouldn't be there until July and was hoping she would have something vegetarian for us. She told me it wasn't a problem and would see me in July. Can't wait to go!