Full Day Sail Excursions

Travel discussion for St. John
sherban

Full Day Sail Excursions

Post by sherban »

I've done a little research and I'm pretty sure I prefer the smaller, more classical sailboats over the Catamarans, I personally like the idea of less people and a more intimate experience...so with that in mind I'm thinking Sail Safaris "Dell Rose" would be a good option for us to do a full day sail excursion...
http://www.sailsafaris.net/sailingtrips/#/dellrose/
Our vision is a nice quiet snorkeling trip with a friendly crew, a nice boat, good food and drinks...mostly about offshore snorkeling within the US Virgins (rather not mess with passports and fees to goto BVIs)...

Any other recommendations, suggestions, comments? Just looking for feedback from others who have had similar goals/experiences while staying on STJ...
Thanks!!
TrvlJohn

Re: Full Day Sail Excursions

Post by TrvlJohn »

Hi Sherban

Long Distance is based in Coral Bay. We had a great day. It is a very nice 40 ft Pearson And Rick and Robin are good people. http://www.saillongdistance.com/home.html

They head back north in the summer but I have been out with them in May before.
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We did White Wing out of Coral Bay on our first trip...Loved it, he had stopped sailing for awhile but he's back... I would def. give him a call, he has great reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R ... lands.html
[/url]
loria

Post by loria »

Dell rose is a fabulous boat -- however i sailed with them before the business was sold to the current owners-- who seem very nice.
i second rick and robin and long distance-- they do a great day -- are wonderful and knowledgeable people.
is White wing chartering this year???
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Another vote for Long Distance out of Coral Bay. Rick and Robin did a very nice trip, focused on snorkeling, which is what we wanted. They are pleasant people and the sailboat was nice. They took us to a mangrove area in Hurricane Hole as the last snorkel. I didn't think I would like it, but it turns out I loved it. The life in amongst the mangrove roots is an amazing sight.

We've been on White Wing also. One thing we don't like about the sailboat is you have to step over a railing to get on and off the boat. Its doable, but a bit awkward. One person in our party didn't have very good balance, so it was challenging for him each time we got in/out of the water. The good part was Capt Clark took us to some fabulous snorkeling spots.