Cancelled

Travel discussion for St. John
wontongirl

Cancelled

Post by wontongirl »

Cruz bay watersports just cancelled our Sunday Funday trip so we are going to take the ferry over to Jost on Sunday now. What time does it leave? Return on Sunday? Do you have to go somewhere else for customs or just straight to Jost. This is our first ferry to Jost and details would be great. We are planning to just cab it from plane to place and end at white bay. We have a powerboat trip for another day but just wanted to see more of Jost for the day. Thank you
jimg20

Re: Cancelled

Post by jimg20 »

We did that in 2011. I can't tell you the ferry schedule today or in June when you need it, but I can tell you we arrived at the customs office on Great Harbor for our check-in. We took a taxi over to White Bay and hung out at the Soggy Dollar until the taxi returned at the agreed 1 pm to return us to Great Harbor. While there we ate at Foxy's and wandered around. I believe the ferry returned at 3 pm.

What day do you plan to go to JVD?

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

We aren't sure but possibly June 21. I think the ferry returns to STJ at 5 pm on Sunday so we will have longer to play over there.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Here is the ferry schedule

http://www.interislandboatservices.com/#!page2/cjg9

Call the day before to make certain that they are running and to let them know your planning on taking the ferry. The ferry is a reasonable deal and Sunday is best of all with the late departure. Remember that there is a $20 departure fee that you will pay at the ferry wharf before board the ferry.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

Thanks Rick! Any suggestions of places to hit besides the usual White Bay run and lunch spots there. We've had lunch at Taboo, Foxy's and Sidney's. Only 2-3 more spots that I can think of..... Any we can't miss? We will be over there 2 days but plan to stay at White bay on one of them.
RickG

Post by RickG »

One Love on White Bay has upped their food game. Jewel's is closed. Gertrude's is the same fun spot. But, Ivan's has done a full renovation and is no longer self service.

Corsair's in Great Harbor has a good breakfast.

Without a boat you won't be able to get to B-Line.

Me, I'd grab breakfast at Corsair's and hit the beach on White Bay, lunch at One Love or Gertrudes and spend some time at Ivan's. That's a pretty full day.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

Sounds like the perfect day! We are hitting Bee line on our day with Local Roots! Can't wait! Thanks for the suggestions.