Video of grouper going after lionfish held by diver

Travel discussion for St. John
AquaGirl

Video of grouper going after lionfish held by diver

Post by AquaGirl »

Did you see the video of the grouper going after a plastic bag with a lionfish held by a diver?? Its interesting footage. I am glad to see that groupers want to eat lionfish since they are very destructive to our beloved reefs and sealife. The only thing I didn't like about the video and story is the part about petting the grouper. I'm in the camp of - "never touch any sealife because it might cause an issue for the creature or plant".

Jim had an issue with the link I included when I first posted this story, although it worked fine for me. Just to be safe, I removed the link to the story in case it has a virus. You can google the story ("grouper attacks diver with lionfish"). I saw it on the grindtv website.

Sorry you had an issue Jim! It was ok when I viewed it on my PC and when my hubby viewed it from his computer.
Last edited by AquaGirl on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PA Girl

Re: Video of grouper going after lionfish held by diver

Post by PA Girl »

When we were on VG in February, an employee at the dive shop was telling us about how they are trying to train the eels to eat the lionfish. She said her "favorite" eels love lionfish but only dead, they won't eat the live ones yet.
jimg20

Re: Video of grouper going after lionfish held by diver

Post by jimg20 »

When I tried to open the link, my PC locked up and it said I now have a virus. Has anyone else had the same experience with it?

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....