Shout out to Liam's Aunt

Travel discussion for St. John
StJohnbum

Shout out to Liam's Aunt

Post by StJohnbum »

As everyone that reads the forum on a regular basis knows Liam's Aunt comes to STJ often and spends considerable time at Caneel. We had to check out of our Villa today which was its own walk of woe as we really like this particular Villa. We wanted to tack a few more days on the trip and decided we'd stay at Caneel since the beaches are so wonderful. The last time we stayed at Caneel we got a Court side room that was dated to put it nicely. So in advance of booking Caneel this time I sent a PM to Liam's Aunt and asked her for room recommendations. She suggested an Ocean View on Turtle Bay and room 99 if we could get it. Well we were fortunate enough to get room 99 and it is very nice. Large, light colored, bright, nice deck looking out onto Turtle Bay. You can hear the waves crash on the shore. Excellent choice.

As we all know Caneel is getting dated and they are beginning to remodel some of the rooms. I suspect this may be a very long process. However while room 99 is not up to Ritz standards, it is a very nice surprise.

Thank you Liam's Aunt! We plan to spend the next couple of days just soaking in the wonderful beaches here. So far the service has been stellar and other than it being a bit pricey, but we knew that going in, Caneel has been quite enjoyable.

It's great when you have forum friends that help one another out when making decisions about how to make the best of your time on STJ.
nothintolose

Re: Shout out to Liam's Aunt

Post by nothintolose »

I am with you on the shout outs to Liamsaunt! Whenever I am doing a villa search or have a cooking question, I ask her! She is ALWAYS so helpful!!!
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

I could nit agree more. She along with a few others, RickG comes to mind, have been consistently helpful for years. I always appreciate the good advice she posts on this and the off topic board.
lark22

Post by lark22 »

Hear, hear! Adding my name to the liamsaunt fan club :)
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Agree! Liamsaunt has great taste and she happily shares her wealth of knowledge. Thanks liamsaunt
...and I have a question for you. Have you been to Turks and Caicos? We had some clients tell us that they love to snorkel the reef there. We love St. John, but it may be fun to try a different island. Your opinion if you've been?