Cruz Views: Questions About 2 Bedroom Condos?

Travel discussion for St. John
Teresa_Rae

Cruz Views: Questions About 2 Bedroom Condos?

Post by Teresa_Rae »

We have never stayed at Cruz Views but we're trying to do a trip on the cheap.

For those who have stayed in a 2 bedroom unit, is this a good set up for parents with two young kids? We have a 2 year old (who will be in a Pack N Play) and a 5 year old.

Bliss is not available for our dates, and I believe that Bliss is the only Cruz Views condo with a spiral staircase, so I think we'd be dealing with a ladder? We could potentially put the kids in the master, but then I believe my husband and I would be in separate beds in the loft. Does the master bedroom close off, or is it open to the living area? I can't tell from the pictures.

Thanks in advance!
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
cocosmom

Re: Cruz Views: Questions About 2 Bedroom Condos?

Post by cocosmom »

We just stayed in #10. I do not do ladders since I fell off one and broke a leg. My husband went up to look and he said no way ...it is almost straight up. We didn't need it but just checked it out. The ladder is very heavy/sturdy but not a quick way down. The master has an opening that has shutters that you could close. The L -shaped couches were very comfortable and we did notice that one had a pull out under it. Not sure if there is a mattress . Maybe you can ask. I slept on the couch one night when my husbands snoring was annoying.. It was comfy. The master bedroom is dark and quiet for baby/kids sleeping I would think. PM me any questions.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Ok, thanks for the info :)
- Mark Twain
RickG

Post by RickG »

...and a friend of ours broker her hip and leg on a loft ladder in Coral Bay in January. I'm not a fan. We do like Cruz Views for a couple. We've done Star Villas units in Cruz Bay and been happy - Sky Top worked well for us.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Yikes, Rick :(

Thanks for your thoughts, helpful as always!
- Mark Twain
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

You might also consider Battery Hill. All but one of the nine units there have two bedrooms and most of these have both bedrooms on the same floor with a bathroom in between.

TM
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Not first hand experience, but my sister and brother in law stayed on their first trip to STJ this past Feb at Cruz Views#10. While they had a great time, they said that the grill, cooler, and blender were all broken. Also they hardly ever had hot water for a shower. Whether or not they didn't know to get in touch with the manager, or just didn't want to bother, I'm not sure. They're very easygoing so probably just decided to go without.
When they got back and we talked about the trip, I told her that I definitely would have talked to someone while I was there. So she got in touch with them, and were told that someone would be back in touch with them. 3 weeks later, she tried to talk to see about it, and got the same response. I just asked her again about it and still, nobody has gotten back to them as of an hour ago.
Of course, they had a great time, but were not all that tickled by the fact that nobody really seems to care about the short comings that their unit had.
They obviously should have brought it up while on island.
This may be no help regarding this post, aside from don't wait until you're already gone to bring concerns up to management, because they are evidently not interested in any type of resolving any issues after the fact.
Smiles -
MJ
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

We were at Cruz Views #10 last week and happy to report the grill works. ( two nights other people were grilling , not me!). Plenty of hot water but we never made blender drinks. Got to agree I would have called for sure if something wasn't working.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Thanks TM, I'd looked into Battery Hill and the overwhelming consensus seems to be that it is quite loud there...with two little ones, I can't risk them (or us) losing out on sleep :)
- Mark Twain
BAILEYBAY

Post by BAILEYBAY »

I don't know your dates but check out Captains View. Its a 2 bedroom with fabulous views and a small shared pool. We stayed at Harbour View last year which is under Captains View. Its close to town, and yet, very quiet. Plus, BJ Harris was an absolute joy to work with. We loved it!!
psufan

Post by psufan »

I don't know what your dates are but have you looked at Rendezvous Villa? http://www.vrbo.com/358320# There are 3 units on the property. The patio area, pool and hot tub are shared. The owner, James, lives in the one unit. We stayed in the 1 bedroom cottage in February but got a chance to see the 2 bedroom unit during our stay as well. It looks very comfortable. James is really wonderful to work with and is totally unobtrusive. We really enjoyed our stay there. It isn't luxurious but certainly clean and comfortable.
NJsurfsup

Post by NJsurfsup »

Would the 2 bedrooms at Coconut coast villas work?
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I had looked into Captain's View and Rendezvous Villa and they are both booked for our dates, but they are great options for another trip, thanks.
- Mark Twain
Nancie-Pa

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Have you tried Star Villas? Papaya ll is a 2 bd, 2 bath and I know there is another unit with it's own pool. It's on the Frank Bay side.
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.