Anybody Use Laundry Services in Cruz Bay?

Travel discussion for St. John
Teresa_Rae

Anybody Use Laundry Services in Cruz Bay?

Post by Teresa_Rae »

We are looking at a couple villas that don't have washing machines. I can't imagine using the same towels for 11 days without washing them but I know there are a couple places where you can drop off laundry and they'll wash it for you. Does anybody know anything about these services? Where they're located? Pricing? Hours of operation?

I know of the laundromat up on Centerline Road but I don't want to have to babysit laundry while I'm on vacation.

Thanks!
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
cocosmom

Re: Anybody Use Laundry Services in Cruz Bay?

Post by cocosmom »

Teresa,
I was looking into that for our stay last week. Here is an older post but maybe someone can update. I was worried about towels also. There were plenty for just the two of us, so never bothered.

Two are located in Cruz Bay on the road from the traffic circle to the Marketplace (Starfish Market). Both are located on the left side of street, across from St. Ursula's Church. They are crowded and not very pleasant.

The third is my personal favorite. It is located on Centerline Road In a large pink building across from Paradise Lumber. It has some newer machines and is large and spacious with nice folding tables. $4 per load to wash plus $4 to dry. You can also drop off laundry for an extra $4 per load.
kirk

Post by kirk »

I'll stop by tomorrow an checkout their price per pound. I can tell you that about 2 years ago a friend of mine dropped off a to go bag of clothes at superwash and it cost $20.
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

I have used the laundry next to Baked in the Sun, several times. Very satisfied. I generally dropped off at 7:00 AM and picked up 1:00 PM, all folded, clean. Never paid attention to cost.