Country Music Fest

Travel discussion for St. John
Agent99

Country Music Fest

Post by Agent99 »

Hi there,

I have been out of the loop but was hoping to hear about the country music festival that was happening in May.
GraysonDave

Re: Country Music Fest

Post by GraysonDave »

I have to admit, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The festival was what I used to get my wife to agree that we needed to come back - I'm more interested in the beaches and snorkeling than she is.

I was kind of dreading the Beach Party on Jost. I'm not into crowds and White Bay is getting crowded enough as it is. But I really had fun. Just a bunch of happy drunks having a good time.

And other than one act (which was good, just not right musically for the event in my opinion), the music was good as well. The afterparties were fun. All in all, I hope the promoters made a little money and do the whole thing again. I would guess only about 1,000 tickets were sold but I have no idea what they needed to break even.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

We were staying at Coral Bay that week,and as much as we wanted to go into the concert arena, the only actual performer that I was hoping to see was Levi Lowery. As it turned out, he was playing at Across The Street, and we not only got to hear his band jam up close and personal, but also got a photo or two. It was great. If we didn't have to drive back to Coral Bay, we would have gotten into the whole jamboree, but I just didn't want to roll those dice. Sorry to have missed you forum family members that were there. Was looking forward to meeting you in person-
At least we all had fun!
adlnp

Post by adlnp »

My daughters and I went to both days in Cruz Bay and had a good time. There were a couple of bands that were good the first night. I have to admit I can't remember thier names. The second night Sunny Sweeney was really good as was Dallas Smith and Pat Green. We left after the second song in Neimans set. He was not really on his game and we didn't want to risk being crammed onto one of the last two ferries for a so so performance. Stayed on STT with family. He may have gotten better after we left but I haven't heard much about it. I'm hoping they do it again too. Speaking of Jost what are they building next to the SDB? Sad to see that going up there. Sorry to have missed ya MJ! Going back in April!