Sherban trip report 5/27-6/3 2015

Travel discussion for St. John
sherban

Sherban trip report 5/27-6/3 2015

Post by sherban »

This will be a short trip report but pls feel free to ask questions if you are looking for specific info I might help with...will also do a separate villa review soon. I'v already forgotten some details and timing so forgive me if I babble a bit...lots of things have run together, details are foggy...

This was Barbara's first trip to STJ and I had the pleasure of showing her around the island a bit...we flew direct from CLT to STT on USAIR/AA...
Day one- got to the villa about 7PM, drinks, enjoyed the view, light dinner, more drinks... ;)
Day two- Maho, of course...checked out our snorkel gear and ticked the box on seeing multiple turtles, nice start to the trip! Also visited Cinnamon bay beach, ...always a beautiful beach to swim at....love that beach!
Had lunch at Chatau Bordeaux with drinks, was decent food and a great view, a bit pricey.
Might have had dinner at Banana deck this day...IDK.
Next day- Maybe this was the day we hiked into Salomon, it was very nice there that day, we also snorkeled around to honeymoon and that was pretty good snorkeling.

Next day-First stop was Leinster and Waterlemon Cay...got there early (9:30?), great day...spotted eagle ray, pretty turtle, great coral display!! Then a trip up the hill to the secret picnic table ;)
shhh!
Then some shenanigans at our pool maybe? ...who knows...
Next day was dennis bay, love that beach...very quiet and secluded but great snorkeling also! We've got some photos somewhere...probably in her phone...
Let's see...what else that day....IDK...
Then maybe our sailing trip day? We did a full day sail on Cloud Nine and it was awesome...three offshore snorkel stops, drinks and music and food :) nice.

We stayed at Luminaria on Upper Carlolina ridge, it had three views- BVIs, East End, and Coral Bay...was awesome! ---
and...
and...
Also did Trunk bay early one day, great beach but filled uop quickly with tourists, then we went to Oppenheimer next that day, that was nice and secluded...
and...
Restaurants: Chateau Bordeaux (lunch)- great view, good food, good drinks
Banana Deck (dinner)- Nice location, good food, good service
Sweet Plantains (dinner)- Great food, great drinks, good service
Miss Lucy's (Dinner)- Great atmosphere/location, good authentic food
De Coal Pot (Dinner)- Geat service, good authentic food, great drinks
more to come soon...
Last edited by sherban on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
jaybfloyd

Re: Sherban trip report 5/27-6/3 2015

Post by jaybfloyd »

Sherban,
How was the greenery or lack thereof? Was the drought that evident? Thanks.
kklay

Post by kklay »

Sounds like you had a fun time. You know it's been a great trip when the days run together!
sherban

Post by sherban »

jaybfloyd wrote:Sherban,
How was the greenery or lack thereof? Was the drought that evident? Thanks.
It was fairly brown and dry...drought was there to be seen but didn't bother us or change anything really...
NCSue

Post by NCSue »

I love love love this trip report! You know why? Because you just relaxed and OBVIOUSLY had a great time!! Loved the pool shenanigans day! Glad you had a great time.
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Thanks for the report on the beaches you visited. We didn't go to Denis last year and I am going to make sure I get back there in a week. It is a pretty beach.
Glad you got back to enjoy St. John.
And if I have never said it thanks for the beach and villa map that I use all the time. It is such a great help to look at different villas.
Beach Creecher
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Looks and sounds like lots of fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures and the memories!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Fun! I love the views from the villa.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
sherban

Post by sherban »

Wanda Creech wrote: Glad you got back to enjoy St. John.
And if I have never said it thanks for the beach and villa map that I use all the time. It is such a great help to look at different villas.
I love the map too...for the record, lots of people on this forum helped make the map what it is, but thanks for the kind words :)
sherban

Post by sherban »

FYI, the separate Villa review is up for Luminaria...

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/v ... -2015.html
gobucs

Post by gobucs »

Thanks for the report! We were there last week and they had buckets of water all over Coral Bay for the donkeys because of the drought :( We also seen more deer than I have ever seen before because a lot of the leaves have fallen off the tree's.
Very Dry indeed