Best day to travel home?

Travel discussion for St. John
Teresa_Rae

Re: Best day to travel home?

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Noreen wrote:This past February STT was the most crowded we've ever seen. The line for customs was so long it was almost back out into the street. This was also the first time we checked bags. We always go Saturday to Saturday. Back to carry on in October.
Since February is super high season, and October is super low season...I think you'll be fine with checking bags on your next trip ;)

We always go in the off season and checking bags is never an issue.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Chris @ Work

Post by Chris @ Work »

Certainly hope we do not experience your 2012 return as we are leaving this Saturday as well. Our kids left this past Saturday and had no issues. Didn't have to check bags but did need boarding passes.
[/url]
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Noreen wrote:This past February STT was the most crowded we've ever seen. The line for customs was so long it was almost back out into the street. This was also the first time we checked bags. We always go Saturday to Saturday. Back to carry on in October.
More power to you! :D Our crew of 6 couldn't do it. We usually rent a villa for 9-10 nights and between liquids and food we need the bags (1 per couple). For us it is easier to check a bag then buy everything on STT or STJ.
Noreen

Post by Noreen »

In over a dozen trips, we've only checked bags once or maybe twice. There's just the two of us, and if we have a washer and dryer available, carry on works okay. I must admit, I got a little spoiled by having extra clothes and shoes last time. But it's just so nice to get off the plane and just leave the airport when we arrive home at EWR on the end of a trip.

February was definitely different than October, lol. It was our second high season visit, and we noticed a big difference from the last one in 2012.