Villa for 2 March or April 2016

Travel discussion for St. John
lpowmacback

Villa for 2 March or April 2016

Post by lpowmacback »

Hubby and I are planning on returning to the rock in the spring of 2016. It will be our first time taking a real vacation without our son!! While we are happy it will be just the two of us - we will miss our side-kick while he's home watching the pooch and planning his own vacation for graduating nursing school in the fall of 2015!

In the past, we'd stayed at Gallows a 2 times, Bay House (Coral Bay) 2 times - then most recently, Moonsong (Chocolate Hole / Hart Bay) 2 times. We've loved all three places - they were different locations but all were similar as far as their feel - which was clean, casual, bright & open with great views of water.

This time around, we'd like to stay someplace different- someplace between Cruz Bay & Coral Bay... something with a great view, bright & open rooms, good amenities - but we don't need (or want) anything fancy - no need for granite kitchen counters :wink: . Must have wifi...laundry facilities, and it must be well maintained and in good condition. We want to keep it under $3000 for 9 nights (high season)... I have taken a quick look at Sea Turtle (Fish Bay), Harbour View (Coral Bay), French Cap (Choc. Hole), Drake's Lookout (Coral Bay), Tequila Sunrise (Coral Bay)... anyone have anything to say about those? Suggestions for another place?

Thanks in advance everyone!!
:D
Peace,

Lisa
iheartsj

Re: Villa for 2 March or April 2016

Post by iheartsj »

If you want to be between Cruz and Coral Bay, eliminate places located in Chocolate Hole and Fish Bay. No way to get to Coral Bay from these locations without going back through Cruz Bay.

Tequila Sunrise is all the way to Coral Bay with a challenging road.

Drake's View is half way between Cruz and Coral. It is on Bordeaux Mt. so you will have lovely cooling breezes and amazing views. The road is paved and easy all the way.

Don't know anything about the other places.
bill

Post by bill »

Check out Rendezvous Bay. The most beautiful water views. So many villas to choose from. Not on the way to Coral Bay however, but so worth it!
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

Thanks ihearts & bill... We've stayed on island 6 times and are very familiar & comfortable with the roads and don't mind going back & forth :) (we do it a LOT) :D

Right now we're leaning towards Harbour View in Coral Bay (not the one in Cruz Bay) - it is above Skinny Legs. It looks like it's just the right size - bright, fresh & open - and has fantastic views - from what I can see. It's also reasonably priced.

We've booked our air - so we will be there the end of March/beginning of April (high season) .. still open to suggestions :)
Peace,

Lisa
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

Hi - we've stayed in Cruz Bay, Fish Bay, Hart Bay and Coral Bay (our fav) and were happy with all locations.... this November (Thanksgiving) we are booked in Skyflower Villa on Bordeaux Mt. overlooking Coral Bay (will be our 1st time there.... we have booked the entire villa, however, I think in high season the owners are on site and only rent out the the lower suite - the pictures and reviews for both villa and suite are nothing short of amazing - which is why we are going :D ). That being said, we have spent FABULOUS times at Periwinkle Cottage Coral Bay (honeymoon and 3 other visits), Palladios View which was GREAT & Brisas del Mar where we stayed last year and it was WONDERFUL!! I posted reviews for all 3 on VIOL and Trip Advisor at some point. Periwinkle Cottage has a pool, hot tub, end of road privacy and nice views of Coral Bay Harbor......Good luck with wherever you choose to stay - no matter where you stay - its St. John!!! 8)
Image[/url]
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

Hi Sheila - thank you! Skyflower looks glorious!!!

We've decided to stay at Harbor View Cottage in Coral Bay- (right above Skinny Legs)

http://www.vrbo.com/466224

It's fresh & new- has lovely views and the price is better than I'd hoped for.

You're so right- it almost doesn't matter WHERE on STJ you stay- as long as you are there!!
Peace,

Lisa
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Take a look at Viewtiful through Privatevacationsvi.com. Great house, dynamic views.
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

Thanks knolmom - we booked Harbor View Cottage is in Coral Bay (above Skinny Legs)! It's lovely, has great views, convenient and we got a very good rate for in season. :)
Peace,

Lisa
JenG

Post by JenG »

Harbor View Cottage looks great. I love that it has views of Hurricane Hole and Coral Bay Harbor. I'm looking forward to hearing how you liked it! Right now I'm contemplating Villa Adeste for next year. I think it'll have a similar view to Harbor View but a bit higher up. I just watched an older Jeep Cam of Sea Grape Hill. SO many switchbacks, but at least it's paved.

I've stayed at Skyflower and it's amazing. Definitely keep it in mind for future trips.
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

Hi JenG - Harbor View seems to be in the very beginning of Seagrape, and not much of climb at all! I will definitely let everyone know how it is when we return- but that will be a very long time from now :lol:

Skyflower looks breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!
Peace,

Lisa