Woo hoo! We just booked!

Travel discussion for St. John
MadCityMom

Woo hoo! We just booked!

Post by MadCityMom »

Happy dance! So we are known to be a little spontaneous and have been having the St John itch and re-watching saved House Hunters and Caribbean Life episodes lately.. add a little wine with the Ipad last night, and came across an amazing looking villa and today we are booked! After succumbing to the pressures of our children and going to Disney over spring break (never again) rather than the Caribbean this year, we are so happy to be heading back to St John at the beautiful new Caribbean Palm Villa. Have been missing our St John, now have something to look forward to! And the flights were $500 on US Air from Chicago!!! Everything is coming together. Happy dance!!! :lol:

Need to figure out how to update the ticker!!
Last edited by MadCityMom on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
betsyv

Re: Woo hoo! We just booked!

Post by betsyv »

We are also staying at "Palm Villa", but ours is on Gifft Hill...
So glad you have a ticker...It would make me sad to not have one... I am ALWAYS looking forward to my vacations! :P
BetsyV

ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Love the booking and anticipation part too! yay for happy dances and tickers! 8)
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

BetseyV, we are on island in August as well staying at our timeshare in GB from 8/15-8/24, I don't want to hurry the summer away but I can't wait!
MadCityMom

Post by MadCityMom »

So great to have a new ticker!! Excited to plan this trip. We are also celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary in January (we were married on STT and day tripped to STJ which started the obsession). This year we are taking family that didn't attend the first time so it will be a memorable trip.

We split islands last year and only had limited time on STJ. What would you say are the biggest changes on island in the last 2 years (good and bad)? New restaurants/closings, new gas station? etc.?

Thanks everyone!!
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

Myheart'sinSTJ wrote:BetseyV, we are on island in August as well staying at our timeshare in GB from 8/15-8/24, I don't want to hurry the summer away but I can't wait!
Hi there, Yes, we are on island Aug 21 - 31... So maybe a BB meeting?

I know exactly what you mean about wishing away summer...We really needed it this year..after an awful winter... So I am enjoying it, but still am looking forward to my "Happy Place".

Well here's to our tickers moving forward. :wink:
BetsyV