Private taxi to Ferry

Travel discussion for St. John
BuddyRock

Private taxi to Ferry

Post by BuddyRock »

Final preparations are underway-Woot Woot!

Can anyone recommend a private taxi we can make arrangements with for transport from airport to Ferry (2 adults, 2 kids) for a Sat. arrival mid-afternoon.

Thanks in advance!
Pia

Re: Private taxi to Ferry

Post by Pia »

You can try Rachael (sorry I don't have her number handy although if you search you will find it) and see if she is available or just walk out of the terminal and tell the taxi dispatcher you want a private taxi and you will climb right in - cost will be $90.00 plus luggage plus tip but do check the price as it might have gone up.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Rachel can be reached at (340) 771-2986. We will be using her Friday.

The last rate I recall is $20 per person plus tip.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Rachel is 50 for two and then 20 for each additional person I think.I know it is 50 for 2 because we just used her. And I always tip her.
Beach Creecher
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Friday she took us to Red Hook. I asked how much and she said, "$20 each...the same as always." We gave her $70 for the three of us.

JIM

awardb

Post by awardb »

So I don't wanna be stupid, but having taken the extremely overcrowded and sometimes dangerous regular "taxis" from the STT airport to Red Hook, how does the private taxi work? Set this up in advance with Rachel? Is she normally near the airport? Thanks for any light you can shed on this....
AwardB
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. - Lewis Carroll
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Just give Rachel a call and see if she has an opening so she can put you on her schedule. I call several months ahead. Don't wait until you get there.
Beach Creecher
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Yes, call or text her at least a month ahead of your arrival. She'll want your flight info so she can track the flight and know if you are early, on time, or late.

It may cost a few extra dollars, but it is well spent. To us, like the porters when going home, it is the best money you will spend there.

JIM

awardb

Post by awardb »

Thank you all! I will call her and set up both to and from trips with her in a day or two for our August vacation.
AwardB
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. - Lewis Carroll
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Rachel has always charged us $25/pp for just 2 of us. I think it is 20p for 3 or more.

I would also recommend re-confirming with her a few days before your trip.
janet
awardb

Post by awardb »

Just called Rachel and booked our private taxi with her. She sounds wonderful, and told me it's so much more than a taxi ride! We're looking forward to meeting her in person. Thanks to all on the forum for advice.
AwardB
tiffjobi

Post by tiffjobi »

Thank you all for this thread! I just called Rachel and booked for Sunday when my daughter and I arrive to spend the week in St. John. Very appreciative of this board!

Tiff
StJohnbum

Post by StJohnbum »

We use Chris' taxi. Call in advance and he or one of his drivers will be waiting at the airport for you, sign in hand. If you book Dohm's Water taxi and use both the private land and water taxi then Dohm's will set up both for you. If you just want the land taxi Chris' number is 340-690-1581.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We have used Christopher (and Dohms) since 2005 and I also recommend him. He shuttled us around STT for two days last month.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

We also use Chris. We recommend him as well.