St John lost one of her best today

Travel discussion for St. John
lprof

St John lost one of her best today

Post by lprof »

Earlier today the son of John Brandi shared the sad news that his father had passed away following several months of courageously fighting his illness.

Pictures of John alone, as well as with his many friends, flooded Facebook pages today along with heart felt messages of condolence to his wife, Sue, and his family.
One such post was written by members of and advertisers (Villa Tesori) on this forum, and I hope they will not mind my sharing it as it expresses so well the sentiments of many of us who have been blessed to know John.

Today St. John lost a part of its soul. Early this morning our friend John Brandi passed away. He represented the best of us all. To those who say that one person can't make a difference we humbly disagree. John was that man. He made us all better people with his infectious humor and incredible love of life. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
psufan

Re: St John lost one of her best today

Post by psufan »

I was at work when I heard the news this morning. It brought tears to my eyes. Our trips with him were a highlight of our vacations. His stories were delightful and who can forget his "sympathy shoveling" videos when those of us in the northeast were suffering through another miserable snowstorm. His humor and obvious love of his beloved St John is what all will remember. Deepest sympathy to his family and to all who had the pleasure of spending time with him. It's all smooth sailing from now on Captain John.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Beautiful words written by Jenn ...

http://newsofstjohn.com/2015/06/26/reme ... hn-brandi/
Realtor - St John Properties
Bill in Va

Post by Bill in Va »

Our St John family has lost another huge part of it's soul...Sue please know we care and hurt for you...yes we hurt as well... Forumites please honor John in a way you think HE would be proud. I will be back on island the end of Oct for two weeks....Performing my niece's wedding and a vow renewal and....a tribute to John..let me know if you are going to be there.....God bless...Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Have arrangements been announced? We are here and would like to attend.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Right on, Pia; beautiful words from Jenn.
This is a kick in the belly. Also mentioned is the fact that John touched the lives of people from all over the world. Those of us who went on a charter with him have remarked that it was the highlight of the vacation,and we all know how hard we work to simply be there for a week. He did what he loved with appreciation for us and our beloved
destination(s), with such ease.
My heart goes out to his family and friends for the loss.
Thank you, John.
For the memories, laughs, and, of course, -
Smiles. I just hope to be as cool as you one day.
Rest in Peace.
MJ
joshua

Post by joshua »

Beautiful.
Saw John in STT this year on one of his treatment trips; tired, but same humor (he surprised ME in the store). We had to book our trip with another boat when Sue gently told us in 2014 John wasn't booking any more.We only had about 3 trips with John, but in early 2014 when we had to cancel for bad water, we at least met John and Sue for drinks on STJ; I'll remember that forever.
A great guy, I'm sure a great friend to everyone he met.
RIP John.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

What Jenn wrote is touching and beautiful.

I'm so sorry for his wife, family, friends, and all those who love him.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain