9:00 AM Flight Home Questions

Travel discussion for St. John
ArkieLovesSTJ

9:00 AM Flight Home Questions

Post by ArkieLovesSTJ »

Our flight home was originally scheduled to leave at 8:00 am but now has been moved to 9:00 am. Is it possible to take the 6:00 am ferry out of Cruz Bay and make a 9:00 am flight? We were originally going to spend the night on STT, but if we can make our flight without leaving STJ a day early we would prefer to do that. Also, would we need to use a porter if we do this? Any advice is appreciated!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Re: 9:00 AM Flight Home Questions

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

What day of the week are you talking about? If it's a Saturday, I'd still plan on staying over in STT the night before, but that's just me. And, definitely use a porter no matter what...fabulous time saver and stress reliever!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Easy - have done it many many times even in high season with checked luggage (if the line is CRAZY long just get a porter)

Pia
Last edited by Pia on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Realtor - St John Properties
RickG

Post by RickG »

Preprint boarding passes, carryon only, prefill your C&I card and you'll get through faster than with a porter and checked luggage.

We use these C&I forms. No need to go begging for an extra.

http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/ ... e%29_0.pdf

But, St. Thomas has some nice spots and we enjoy spending some time there and not being rushed away from St. John on the early ferry.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

As usual, Rick has some good ideas. In that situation, I would prefer to spend the night at Emerald Beach. From my point of view, wringing the last minute out of the stay in STJ will likely leave you stressed and you could miss your flight.

Morning, afternoon or night departure on any day of the week, the porter will be some of the best money you will spend in the VI.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

cruzing

Post by cruzing »

I live in Cruz Bay and regularly take the 6 AM ferry for an 8:10 AM departure out of STT. If you aren't checking a bag, making a 9 AM flight should not be a problem.
ArkieLovesSTJ

Post by ArkieLovesSTJ »

We will be traveling back on a Wednesday, the first week of November and we will be checking a bag. We normally travel to St John twice a year but we took a trip to St Croix earlier this year to check it out. We do want to spend some time exploring St Thomas at some point in the future, but since this will be our only trip to St John this year we wanted to spend as much time there as possible.

Thanks for the advice!
RickG

Post by RickG »

That does it, you gotta do St. John for Halloween. We're very sadly missing STJ Halloween for JVD since we're racing Foxy's Cat Fight on De Life. We'll be in Cruz Bay on the 1st and playing with forum friends on an STJ beach on the 2nd.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Yes, easily done, just make sure you are on the 6am ferry, not much traffic on STT that early in the morning, best of luck!