Save Coral Bay!

Travel discussion for St. John
Littlecheeze

Save Coral Bay!

Post by Littlecheeze »

Just a few minutes ago, I checked the spice cam and an ad caught my attention about saving coral bay. Unfortunately, I can't really help this cause (I'm 15), but I can't stress enough how important it is that you adults out there do something you can to help out. The sea turtles of coral bay don't deserve to have their home destroyed, and NO ONE wants to see the quiet side of St. John turned into something like that. (It makes me mad enough they built a watersports shop on Honeymoon Beach) I've been going to St. John 13 years, and would hate to see it changed into something it was never meant to be. St. John is not a place for marinas and big shopping, it's a place to enjoy nature and relax. Let's keep it that way!

http://www.gofundme.com/coralbay
"Changes in latitude changes in attitude"

jimg20

Re: Save Coral Bay!

Post by jimg20 »

Well said Littlecheeze! :D Why can't you do much? Why aren't you expanding these thoughts into a full one-page letter? I wrote a letter in January, and I resent it this week with the new date and address. I was never asked how old I was. The fact that you can honestly say that you've been going to STJ for 13 years puts you ahead of half the so-called adults who lurk on this forum.

You are very good at expressing yourself. Add your voice to the many who are already doing that. Just like in Horton Hears a Who, you could be adding that one last sound that makes all the Whos of St John be heard.

By the way, that same message applies to all of you so-called adults. Especially those of you who are sitting back thinking that it's a good thing all those other people are writing letters for me. Just take a moment. Write down a few clear thoughts and email them in. Facebook will still be there when you are finished. :wink:

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Joppa

Post by Joppa »

Go ahead and write a letter Littlecheeze. It is for the future of Coral Bay that we fight. It's part of your future too.
Littlecheeze

Post by Littlecheeze »

jimg20 wrote:Well said Littlecheeze! :D Why can't you do much? Why aren't you expanding these thoughts into a full one-page letter? I wrote a letter in January, and I resent it this week with the new date and address. I was never asked how old I was. The fact that you can honestly say that you've been going to STJ for 13 years puts you ahead of half the so-called adults who lurk on this forum.

You are very good at expressing yourself. Add your voice to the many who are already doing that. Just like in Horton Hears a Who, you could be adding that one last sound that makes all the Whos of St John be heard.

By the way, that same message applies to all of you so-called adults. Especially those of you who are sitting back thinking that it's a good thing all those other people are writing letters for me. Just take a moment. Write down a few clear thoughts and email them in. Facebook will still be there when you are finished. :wink:

JIM
Hey, thanks for replying! Where can I send a letter in? I couldn't find an address on the go fund me page. I'll send something in similar to what I wrote here, but more constructed and longer :)
"Changes in latitude changes in attitude"

psufan

Post by psufan »

There are instructions on their website. Go for it. Be passionate!
http://savecoralbay.com
dlsilverman

Post by dlsilverman »

The easiest way to send a letter to the Army Corps is to go to http://SaveCoralBay.com/public-comment-letter and simply fill in your name, etc., and write your comments. Your letter will be delivered to the Army Corps. Help Save Coral Bay for future generations !