layover at JFK

Travel discussion for St. John
cliffnchristi

layover at JFK

Post by cliffnchristi »

Good morning!!!! Due to the USAir/AA merger, it appears that the awesome non-stop flight out of Charlotte no longer exists, so in doing some research, I have found a flight on Delta out of Richmond, Va with an hour and 20 minute layover at JFK. Wondering if this is doable considering we are coming in on a regional jet and leaving out on a 757. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
inuny

Re: layover at JFK

Post by inuny »

We've taken the am flight from Syracuse to JFK to pick up the 8:30 am Delta flight to STT. That time frame is fine. There is construction going on at the terminals. I don't know what the end result of those changes will be, but now we had to take a bus to the terminal to get the flight.
Boxer5

Post by Boxer5 »

I fly out of Richmond too. Made reservations on AA in January and last week they changed my flight. They had me leaving St. Thomas at 8:00 a.m. I called them and complained that they would cost me more money because I would have to stay overnight in STT. I am also traveling with my sister from CT and her flight didn't change. After my call they changed it to a flight 6 minutes earlier than the original flight but now I fly to Miami to Charlotte and then to Richmond. What American did was to cancel the later flight from Miami to Richmond. I am fed up with American. Had switched to American 3 years ago because US Air only had a flight to STT but no return flight. Preferred the layover in Charlotte on the way to STT than the one in Miami but that is no longer available since the merger.
Boxer5
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

cliffnchristi wrote:Good morning!!!! Due to the USAir/AA merger, it appears that the awesome non-stop flight out of Charlotte no longer exists, so in doing some research, I have found a flight on Delta out of Richmond, Va with an hour and 20 minute layover at JFK. Wondering if this is doable considering we are coming in on a regional jet and leaving out on a 757. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
I was just looking at tickets for next summer and I can go on US Air SAV-CLT-STT-SLT-SAV. So I still see the non-stop CLT-STT.