Villa Provisioning

Travel discussion for St. John
ncsusan

Villa Provisioning

Post by ncsusan »

Can anyone recommend a villa food provisioning company ? We are returning in January with our group of 11. We all chip in for groceries and then I usually do a provision order, we pick up fresh vegetables at Josephine's and fill in what we need at local stores. We used Villa Food a few years ago and last March we used Starfish. I don't think Villa Food is still in operation and Starfish forgot to bring the order for our beer, wine and liquor so I had to drive there anyway to pick it all up which defeated the purpose of provisioning.

I know that most of you would rather not pay the extra to have someone shop, deliver and put away groceries but the last thing I want to do is shop for that many people on my vacation. Too much like real life!
PA Girl

Re: Villa Provisioning

Post by PA Girl »

ncsusan wrote:',,,,,,and Starfish forgot to bring the order for our beer, wine and liquor so I had to drive there anyway to pick it all up which defeated the purpose of provisioning.

I know that most of you would rather not pay the extra to have someone shop, deliver and put away groceries but the last thing I want to do is shop for that many people on my vacation. Too much like real life!
Oh heck no! Starfish would have made a second run if that happened to me!

I resemble your last paragraph. At the very least, I break even or maybe come out ahead by provisioning. My husband and child would spend $$$$ if I would let them do the shopping as they are blinded by hunger/desire and think nothing of filling the cart with $14 bags of chips, $10 pints of ice cream, etc.

We have used Blue Sky Management the past couple of trips and all orders were correct, on time, unpacked the drinks were cold. I also like the ordering system. We do nearly everything for the initial order, especially the beverages. fresh stuff like fruits and veggies are always good, I never felt anything was past its prime.

I am going to look into adding a Sam and Jack's order on next time as well. I want to preorder appetizers for cocktail hours and nibbles to have at the villa.
thompson27502

Post by thompson27502 »

St. John provisions www.stjohnprovisions.com or 340-690-4131

No direct experience but meredith is a sweetheart.
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

I have used Blue Sky as well and was very happy with them :-)
Stella7474

Post by Stella7474 »

We used St John Provisions last February. Meredith was terrific to work with - everything went off without a hitch. Will be using her again in January.

Lori
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

We used Blue Sky last year and we were very happy with them. Also St. John Provisions is good if you would like to include grill packs, etc.
ncsusan

Post by ncsusan »

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Blue Sky's website looks great. It doesn't get much easier than that! We try to avoid going to the grocery store as much as possible. We stay over in Johns Folly and loved the new market over there last year. It was great for the forgotten ingredients.