shipping costs - container and boat

Travel discussion for St. John
GoldenDaze

Re: shipping costs - container and boat

Post by GoldenDaze »

Hi Pam,
We haven't used them but you can check out Dockwise at www.yacht-transport.com.
Good luck with your adventure!
Clearblue

Post by Clearblue »

Not speaking from personal experience here, but a friend of mine used A-1 transport (check out the link here) to ship a container and they were affordable according to him. You should bear in mind that "affordable" is relative in this sense because it's not cheap to ship a container.
Clearblue

Post by Clearblue »

N/m this was an older post.
loria

Post by loria »

i took the chickens way out... and had a moving company do all this for me (from westchester NY) -- it was pricey -- but worth it to me -- i had basically a 4 bedroom house full of furniture -- etc.... shipped it all down in one fell swoop -- then they trucked it over and moved it in for me -- they sailed out of Philly
it was about 15K -- i looked at other options and in the end -- with all the logistical craziness we bit the bullet -- this is a pricier option -- but might help put some of the other stuff in perspective -- also contact Caribe trans and see what they can do for you -- i agree that driving a truck down to Miami (or to Philly) might be a good option if you are able )
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>