Most snorkel stops?

Travel discussion for St. John
Coden

Most snorkel stops?

Post by Coden »

Ok, now that we have all of our snorkel gear, which Day Sail or Power Boat company has the trip with the most snorkel stops on it? Is two the most we can expect?
Coden
Diane

Post by Diane »

Definitely do a private charter if it's within your budget. You could decide exactly where you want to snorkel (and the captain can make suggestions based on your experience/comfort level and the water conditions that day) and how long you want to stay at a specific spot.
I have not used them, but will probably check out Ocean Runner next year.
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

If you go the private boat route then the amount of stops really depends on how long you snorkel in each spot. We tend to spend about 1 to 1 1/2 hours at each spot. We've done 3 stops with the two trips we've taken, but we would have been completely satisfied with spending the whole day at the Indians.
Bob & Anita
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thanks for the replies Diane and B7A...I know I want to rent dinghies, maybe once for each side of the island, weather permitting.

I wonder if we really need to do a snorkel tour via a private charter or another route. What are both your views on that?
Coden
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

There is a lot of great snorkeling right off the beaches, so taking a boat to other snorkel spots is not necessary.
Bob & Anita