The change in airfare over 20 years.

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

The change in airfare over 20 years.

Post by parafins »

I've been checking out airfare prices from Chicago to STT and found that Jet Blue seem's to have the market now. When my wife and I first traveled back in '94 American airline's was it. In '96,00,and 2007 US Airway's had the best pricing. Thank goodness the prices are not to scary. I'm doing everything I can to return next July. It's been to long.
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
Knolmom

Re: The change in airfare over 20 years.

Post by Knolmom »

In February 2000 we purchased 20 tickets on American Airlines to bring family down for our wedding. They were $285. RT pp from New York. Tickets from Tampa and Miami on AA were $478.00 RT. Las Vegas to St John RT on Continental was $400.00. Lax to STT via San Juan was the same.
The following year we came with family and it was $285 on US Air through Philadelphia.
From about 2002 until 3 years ago, we paid on average of $378 pp RT from JFK on American. Then, starting in summer 2012, the prices became outrageous. At $600 we refused to travel. In February 2013, we again paid$379 RT. When we returned home and tried to schedule our summer trip, July and Aug were in the $600 range. We were stuck because we had already rented the villa. We paid 623 last summer but thank goodness we had travel insurance so we. Got a refund when we couldn't travel. Next week's tickets cost us almost $600 but we needed our paradise fix.
Pulley

Re: The change in airfare over 20 years.

Post by Pulley »

Our best pricing ever was $99 RT from MIA-STT boy those were the good ole days. Our most expensive for coach was $667 this past July we paid $843 for first.