Villa decisions oh my....

Travel discussion for St. John
Ali

Villa decisions oh my....

Post by Ali »

Ok, we are St. John vets and I can't make a decision. We have more than 20 trips under our belt but I am having trouble deciding between these villas. It will be my husband and I, our teenage daughter and maybe a friend. These are what we are considering and have availability -

Bo Ataby
Island Time
Bordo Mare
Sopra Mare
Inn Love
Unicorn

We have stayed all over the island in villas as well as Gallows and Caneel. This should be easy - help! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Pulley

Re: Villa decisions oh my....

Post by Pulley »

If it were me I would choose Bardo Mare (if you daughter and friend can share a rom) or Unicorn. We've already booked trip 21 for next year!!! :D
Ali

Post by Ali »

Ooops In Love should be One Love thru Caribbean villas.
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

We stayed at Bordo Mare in June and it was great. Close to town and great views. It has 2 equal bedrooms. Everything is very nice.
Sopra mare also has great views. It is right above Bordo Mare but only one bedroom is ocean view.
Mike, the owner is great to work with.
Any questions PM me.
Beach Creecher
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We have a few favorites on StJ, but I enjoy the "thrill of the hunt" for a villa. We have some "must-have" features that eliminate some villas. Since you're a StJ villa veteran, you probably have a list too, but here are my observations.

We must have a pool (preferably on the same level as the kitchen)l, a really nice view, a shaded area for hanging out, and a shaded area for eating outside. Strong preference for Cruz Bay side and sunset views.

Bo Ataby - shade and nice pool area - I don't like outside showers, but some people love them.

Island Time - outdoor table is in the sun

Bordo Mare - lovely villa and view - I like the outside dining area on the side of the cliff - I like how the house opens up for when its nice weather (looks like folding doors of some sort) - pool is a bit small for my taste - the view from the turquoise BR would be so nice to see when you wake up! - this was probably my fav on your list

Sopra Mare - - I like how the LR doors open up - Dining table out in the sun - bedrooms are on the same level and right across from each other; I didn't look at the floor plan for the others on your list, so it may be the same way; (when we travel with others, I try to look for BRs that are more separated from each other for privacy)

One Love - least favorite on your list - outside dining table is in the sun and a bit hemmed in

Unicorn - love the covered dining area - very nice views - balcony with the sofa is very narrow

Happy villa hunting!