Ram Head Hike BE AWARE

Travel discussion for St. John
silands

Ram Head Hike BE AWARE

Post by silands »

I have been to St John alone and never had any issues just sending this out as a fyi to always be aware out there you never know she was aware enough to get a picture of him and he was caught very brave younge women to report it and follow up on it I do hope she is ok IF YOU dont know what I am talking about look it up on the ST John Source web page I cannot get the page to copy sorry
toni

Re: Ram Head Hike BE AWARE

Post by toni »

This is horrible. :(
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Here's a link for those who haven't heard about this:
http://virginislandsdailynews.com/news/ ... -1.1927339

It's horrible :(

I suspect that this is the same guy who creeped out my sister in July of last year. She was at Salt Pond Bay floating in the water and her boyfriend went out for a really long snorkel. The offender, who we've called "the creeper" since the incident, was hiding in the bushes, watching my sister. He'd disappear and then she'd see his head pop up from behind a bush, and this went on for quite some time. She was afraid to get out of the water, so she just stayed there, and credited a teenage boy with unknowingly helping her stay safe; the only other people on the beach was a family, and they'd all gone out to snorkel, but the teenage boy didn't feel like going. So ever since, my sister has been thanking God for that teenage boy, otherwise she would have been completely alone with the creeper.

When she left Salt Pond that day, a National Park ranger stopped her to ask if she'd seen anything unusual. She relayed the events and the ranger asked her to fill out paperwork, so she did. The ranger said that he'd been escalating in his behavior, and made it sound like it was only a matter of time until something really bad happened. At that time, which was just over a year ago, he had touched a woman on the arm.

We were all on island recently and just returned last week, and my sister did not go to Salt Pond this trip because of the incident last year.

I hope he's in jail for a long time. That poor girl.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
sasky

Post by sasky »

Devastating. My heart goes out to that poor girl.

Maybe now the courts will take this seriously? Shame on that judge.
silands

Post by silands »

Teresa Ray thanks for posting the article
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

So sad, certainly sounds as this could have been avoided had it been handled properly by authorities, prayer to this girl and her family...
loria

Post by loria »

i have heard on good authority that the situation is this:
Chief Ranger Gupman assured me that he would definitely pass along any information he receives, but that he would not necessarily be notified as the case is being handled by VIPD.

I will be making a date soon to meet with VIPD Detective Thomas, who is in charge of the case. I will see if we can be put on a list to be informed of any change in his status.

In addition, Rick Gupman just emailed the following information:

"Just got word that JD's bail was set at $75,000. I was told that if he makes bail, then he would be placed under house arrest and monitored."

Please share this information with anyone who asks.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

That poor girl. My heart goes out to her.

I'm so creeped out by this: Salt Pond has always been a favorite of mine and I've done that hike alone and spent a morning there alone. I've also always felt safe there with my daughter. If something happened to her I'd want to kill the guy myself.

I'm glad to see (on FB) that there's talk of starting a Go Fund Me page to help pay for her expenses so she can travel to testify. If anyone learns more please post; I'd like to help the fund so this horrible man can be prevented from hurting someone else.
loria

Post by loria »

Chicagoans,
i will keep you in the loop. and if anyone else is interested i could post updates on what is happening here as well. (if it is ok with Anthony?)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>