URGENT: Please Write a Letter

Travel discussion for St. John
jimg20

URGENT: Please Write a Letter

Post by jimg20 »

I saw this on Facebook tonight. Time is running out and the response to the most recent request for comments.

Please read the following:

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/8212 ... d62461178/
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

SheilaW1

Re: URGENT: Please Write a Letter

Post by SheilaW1 »

Written, signed, sealed , delivered!
Image[/url]
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I have worked with people like this Summers Group for many years. They all have the same strategy. It's a war of attrition. They know this is their job, and they will continue doing it until they are approved or rejected. They also know that the opposition has other things in their life like their job, family and other distractions. The developers keep pushing the project and the opponents, one by one, fade away. Eventually, the developers will, in most cases, win because there is no one left to speak against them.

This project has just made the turn and is heading for approval. Thousands wrote letters and signed petitions the first time they applied and made themselves heard. This time around, the numbers are much lower. Take a good look at their presentation. That is Coral Bay's future.

You can still prevent it if you don't rely on the others to send letters. They are not showing up this time. It's only you. It doesn't take long. You don't even need a stamp. You can email it right now.

JIM

Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Thanks Jim! I had sent another one in at the start of this second campaign. I hope that others have done the same. If this project gets approved STJ will never be the same again. Prayers out that this is stopped for good.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I hear people express their frustration with the circumstances they see. They complain that they spoke to their congressional representative and realize that their representative is only one of 435 people. Even at the city council level, individual members don't have much pull.

This, however, is a situation where a single letter has the ability to change the outcome. By writing a letter, you are speaking directly to the people who can determine the direction that this project will go. You can point out a problem with this proposal that none of us thought about. You could add one more factor that causes the application to be rejected. This is an even more powerful position than casting a vote on election day.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by. If this project is approved and you didn't write a letter, will you regret your choice?

JIM

islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Thanks JIM...
Our letter has been resubmitted.

Hopeful others will resubmit their letter or write a letter... deadline is Monday, August 24th. Save Coral Bay!
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

If everyone who visits this Forum and posts about a myriad of other subjects and professes a love for St. John, writes in (very easy to use the link) and opposes this mega marina - which will definitely have huge negative impact and destroy the very special & unique quality that those on this forum say brings them back to St. John again and again - then the St. John and Coral Bay we all love will be here for years. There are hundreds if not thousands of people viewing this forum and posting everyday and if each person took 2 mins of their time to send in an opposition email, a marina of the size and magnitude of this proposed project hopefully will not be approved. Consider it the "butterfly effect". One butterfly spreads its wings and moves the air beneath that creates a storm elsewhere. If each poster is that butterfly then we can blow the Summers End Group marina project right out of Coral Bay!!
Image[/url]
kklay

Post by kklay »

I just sent my email and it only takes a couple of minutes! Please, everyone, take the time and send an email or letter today.
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

"This, however, is a situation where a single letter has the ability to change the outcome."

I missed the deadline for writing in the first time around, but did send one this time. Maybe it's the one.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

GidgetPicklebrain

Here is another thought - how about writing a letter that says I want to bring to your attention all of these previously submitted objections" and then include those letters in the body of the new letter?

GidgetPicklebrain

Here is another thought - how about writing a letter that says I want to bring to your attention all of these previously submitted objections" and then include those letters in the body of the new letter?

I know, dumb. But uit just seems wrong that all of the previous comments will be ignored. It's just not right.

jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

BUMP

Thanks to all who wrote letters. I understand that today is the last day to send in new letters. Please take a moment to send one off.

I saw something on Facebook over the weekend. This person took the position that there is no such thing as not voting. One either goes to the polling place and makes a selection representing their point of view; or, one stays home and allows someone else with an opposing point of view to have double the voting power because there is one less vote to counterbalance their point of view. You have to decide which way you will "vote" in the matter of the future of Coral Bay.

Thanks

JIM