Memory daze

Travel discussion for St. John
northerngal

Memory daze

Post by northerngal »

Has anyone stayed here? Comments? It looks awesome, but they all do this time of year! Comments? Good, bad????? Thanks!
Coconuts

Re: Memory daze

Post by Coconuts »

NG: "It looks awesome, but they all do this time of year!"

Michigan, right? Give it a few months, I promise, they will all look even better! :)

All the best,

Kevin
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

Ha Ha! you are so right Michigan!!!! The snow is a coming our way!
papabou

Post by papabou »

mg,

mem daze is a villa that definitely justifies a higher rent! though never stayed there, mack and i did a lenghty tour in april 13 while owner was in residence. the villa is very upscale, wonderful floor plan, minimum steps, views like viewtiful but from lower elevation, but high enough to get breezes and see vir g to east etc. you can acutally see from viewtiful. in vf website pic to right of king hill rd (the straight rd from coral bay by love city market up to smoothie stand) you'll see a hump on the east flank of bourdeaux with several villas on top of hump including md. the rd up bord mount is below villa and there's a shear drop off so nothing to block view.access to villa further up and entrance to rear of villa. little traffic so i'd expect minimum noise. i guess maybe a 2 minute drive to island blues building.

would love to stay there but bedrooms have queen beds and i don't believe effec second bdrm is near equal. as i recall you're looking for place for just you and hubby. i believe they offer a great 2 person rate where using only the master connected to great room. if yall can do a queen bed i believe you'll love mem daze.

again,

papabou
lprof

Post by lprof »

Memory Daze has been one that attracts us every trip... we almost chose it last time. The only hesitation was that there is no covered outdoor space to sit in during a rain shower... or for selective shade. Perhaps we have not seen it. :? Otherwise I would love a stay there!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

there will be two couples, do you think the bedrooms are not equally nice? Also, how close to a main road is it? I'm wondering about road noise?
papabou

Post by papabou »

ng,

sorry i thought you were same person who posted an inquiry about viewtiful had i had recently reponded to.

the master in md is larger with very large bath and an outdoor shower. the second bedroom bath and living area are smaller since has own kitchen. both are detached from the great room. cotttage second bedroom might be preferred by early riser couple wanting own kitchen. i like layout for 2 couples since nosie from activity in family room/main kitchen wouldn't be as noticeable in either bdroom.

i only commented about road location being below since i pointed out on viewtiful thread. viewtiful is above centerline road where there would be a lot of traffic. i would be surprised if there was road noise impacting mem daze.

as pointed out by iprof, lack of shade could be an issue except maybe early may to early august when sun would be behind mem daze thus providing some shade between the building pods and the pool.

only thing i didn't like again was queen beds.

papabou
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

oh no! Owner is at MD Feb-May! bummer!
Mstash

Post by Mstash »

I've been in May and July and have a great stay. May was with 6 family members and
July was with 4. Plenty of room. Location not a problem because we like the quiet side of the Island.