Serendipity or Cruz Views

Travel discussion for St. John
Connie

Serendipity or Cruz Views

Post by Connie »

Ok, we're hooked on STJ. We've been talking about going back for our 40th Anniversary. I have checked homeaway constantly. It will be for early next June.

I've checked Grande Bay which looks beautiful and I have have also received and email from someone who owns 2 beautiful Villas.

The problem is we are hardly ever in the condo except for sleeping. We may even be able to talk our best friends into going. Don't care whether we sleep on a pull out.

Is it worth it to spend twice the money on a villa/condo or go for something like Serendip or Cruz Views?

We definitely want AC in the whole unit and a pool.

Any ideas? We're ready to book. Suggestions?
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
SheilaW1

Re: Serendipity or Cruz Views

Post by SheilaW1 »

We usually book a villa but in Oct 2012 we took a last minute 6 day trip and stayed at Serendip (we stayed in the India Suite) and it was perfect!! To make it even better, we got a great last minute special and it ended up being $72 a night! Large studio with everything you need, a full kitchenette, very comfy king size bed, lots of bath and beach towels, coolers, beach chairs, private outside patio with chairs, loungers and a dining table. Really nice sunset views over CB and St. Thomas. Convenient to town - we even walked into town for dinner and drinks - however - it is a bit of a steep climb back up - LOL. We spent most of our time out and about - but a few times we used the pool for a cool off after the beach and there was no one there but us. The grounds are immaculate and beautiful and the area around the pool is lush and it has a bbq grill which we used one night - no one else seemed to use it. There were laundry facilities on site, so no need to pack lots of clothes. There are a number of 1 and 2 bedtroom units as well.... but we really liked India Suite!! An added plus with India was a private parking space right outside the door, so didn't have to lug groceries or anything up stairs or from a parking spot a distance away. We would go there again and stay longer and I would even go down myself and stay there as we felt very safe.
Hope this helps - you can pm me for pictures and any other info.
Image[/url]
Connie

Post by Connie »

Can you explain to me where it is? I'm familiar with Starfish Market, the tennis courts? How far is Serendip from there?
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Hi Connie,
We stayed in Serendip a few yrs back and loved it..I cant recall the name of the unit..but it was on the 2nd floor and the views were great..and I know there are a cpl of other formites that stay there so maybe they will chime in...at the top of Jacobs ladder (on past Starfish ) you make a left and they are right there...we would come out by Pine Peace to get back into town..I for one would recommend them...Let me know if I can help you with any questions !!!
[/url]
Connie

Post by Connie »

Thanks Janice. If it's just the 2 of us, it will be Serendip for sure. If our friends come along we'll find somewhere else. We're very close to them, but not close at Serendip :)