Long Strange Trip Report Days 1&2

Travel discussion for St. John
GratefulDad

Long Strange Trip Report Days 1&2

Post by GratefulDad »

Indeed a long strange trip. After a very nice Dead & Company concert at MSG in NYC, I headed back to my hotel, Westin Grand Central on 42nd between 2nd and 3rd aves. I knew this was a nice hotel and used some points for the stay. I was able to find someone who needed a miracle ticket who I met a week before at the Halloween show. So on to St John. Up at 5am out the door by 6am and at the airport by 6:30 am. The Delta terminal 4 at JFK is so big I had to take a shuttle bus from the main part of the terminal out to my gate. It is really not worth the money savings over the Newark NS. The flight was delayed at bit but I made it to St Thomas on time to make the 3 pm ferry to STJ. Picked up my rental Jeep from L&L and headed to St John Market for some fried chicken, beer, rum, and other things. I called Eric from Seas The Day Villa and he met me at SJM and I followed him up the the Villa. I had won a weeks stay at the Hawksnest suite on the Gift Hill School auction so this was the week I chose. The accomidations are very nice. Almost new looking and extremely clean. I was so tired I ate some chicken, had a rum drink on the deck and went to bed by 8:30. Today I woke up at 8:30 am, ate an apple and went back to bed. Awoke again and felt much better. I went to Sam & Jacks for lunch and then did the Peace Hill hike. Nice breeze and very picturesque from up there. I went over to Maho and found a good parking spot and went for a swim. The water was a bit cloudy but very warm. I fell asleep on the beach until around 4:30 then headed to Cruz Bay. I ate an early dinner at The Lime Inn. I had a very nice lobster roll on panini roll and a pasta side. Very tasty!
northerngal

Re: Long Strange Trip Report Days 1&2

Post by northerngal »

Thanks for sharing! It's good to hear from the auction winners!
GratefulDad

Re: Long Strange Trip Report Days 1&2

Post by GratefulDad »

I am very grateful to the locals who donate nice things for these auctions. You can definitely find a good deal as well as help out the cause. Bravo!!!