Group turned to 4 couples! VILLA HELP PLEASE!

Travel discussion for St. John
toes in the sand

Re: Group turned to 4 couples! VILLA HELP PLEASE!

Post by toes in the sand »

My 2cents,
8 adults arriving, departing or even going to the beach at the same time = 3 vehicles. 4 adults + luggage for 4 is a Jeep wrangler overload even if it is only two carry on bags each. I think with 4 groups you may also want to be headed 3 different ways some days. Just my thought. 3 vehicles, perhaps 2 jeeps and one larger vehicle will make logistic much less of a headache. Besides, you can commandeer a jeep and disappear for the day if you like!
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
kklay

Post by kklay »

We do 4 adults (2 couples) per 4 door jeep wrangler and there is more than enough room for luggage, a stop at Cost-U-Less, etc. Same for when going to the beach. Plenty of room for beach chairs, bags, coolers, etc. Now as far as not everyone always wanting to go to the same place/direction, that might be a different story! :wink:
kellijo

Post by kellijo »

Regarding your question about Drakes, it certainly can accommodate 4 couples. There is a separate cottage for one couple, just a few steps from the front door of the main house. It's lovely, with its own porch, great view, and walkway through the property. The 3 other bedrooms are in the main house below the living area. The mango bedroom ( see the video/photos) is the first, at the bottom of the steps. Then there is a bedroom with 2 twin beds that can be moved together. You must take the deck to access the third - and quite possibly most desirable - bedroom. All the bedrooms have deck/view access and their own bathrooms. It's hard to capture Drake's charms here, and the photos don't do it justice. That's the bedroom situation. If you want more details, I'm happy to provide them!
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

are there any outside showers?
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Hi northerngal,

No outdoor showers at Drake's View except to rinse off sand. I think this villa would be perfect for 4 couples as long as 1 couple doesn't mind being in the cottage... I recall it's bath being a bit smaller and if it is raining you have to dodge the rain to get to the villa to join the rest of the group, but you have total privacy there! :wink:

Here's a link to their website with additional photos not on the VRBO site... http://www.stjohndrakesview.com/

Here's the link to the villa review I submitted after our stay... http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/v ... akes-view/

Hope this helps and good luck!
Jo
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

Has anyone stayed on the two twins pushed together to make a king? is it comfortable?
pipergal

Post by pipergal »

We stayed at Estate Fortsberg with 4 couples - it was PERFECT - plenty of gathering space and room to take a break from each other - wonderful indoor and outdoor space and everyone has an equal sized bedroom and outdoor shower!! Close to all Coral bay has to offer! Enjoy it will all work out!
Pipergal