Group turned to 4 couples! VILLA HELP PLEASE!

Travel discussion for St. John
northerngal

Group turned to 4 couples! VILLA HELP PLEASE!

Post by northerngal »

We went from not even going to STJ to 8 people going! We have only came by ourselves until just last year.....not sure I even want to do this! What if it doesn't work out! We have always loved the Coral Bay area so looking for a villa in that area with 4 suites and a pool. A spa and outside showers would just be icing on my cake! Thanks guys! you are all the best!!!
islandbrenda

Re: Group turned to 4 couples! VILLA HELP PLEASE!

Post by islandbrenda »

Check out VRBO #137305 4br with en-suite bath, outdoor shower, hot tub...however it is in Cruz Bay!
papabou

Post by papabou »

ng,

coral cove seems to have all bells and whistles and location should permit good breezes for a close to water location. http://cateredto.com/#!/coral-cove

good luck with such a large crowd. to us a couple is nice, 2 couples is fine, never been with 3 couples total but expect would be plenty and 4 a crowd.

papabou
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

Thanks! I know, I'm not to sure about all this, we will see if they all commit. It will definitely complicate things!
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Check out Alice by the Sea. It's in Coral Bay, has 4 more or less equal bedrooms w/ their own bathrooms (I didn't check out every detail), a pool, shower at the pool (not in the bedrooms' bath) and a view of the bay and down islands. We saw it last June, and we're going there this June. Check out their rates, availability and pictures on VRBO.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Charlie2001

Post by Charlie2001 »

And even if you end up with just 3 couples, get two Jeeps instead of one larger SUV that'd seat 6. Trust me, you'll want the flexibility of being able to split up. One person gets a headache and wants to leave the beach, it doesn't mean everyone has to go, or that someone spends half the day playing taxi driver.
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Might want to read and share this with your group! Rick speaks from lots of experience with group trips.
virgin-islands-on-line.com/virgin-islands/viewtopic.php?t=11927&highlight=ricks+rules
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

thanks for all your help and suggestions, we already have one group whining about the dates! Maybe we can get down to 2 couples again. I hate the thought of 3 couples.....has anyone tried that?
Charlie2001

Post by Charlie2001 »

I've done two land-based trips to the BVI with 3 couples. It works out well as long as Rick's rules are followed. Having 2 jeeps is a must, and everyone needs to be laid back and have a roll-with-it attitude. If anyone in the group is high strung and needs to have every minute planned out, you're doomed from the start.
david@va.beach

Post by david@va.beach »

I agree with Rick's rules....that being said 4 couples ...Yetch!...You did want a VACATION in coral bay, am I right?
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

Oh I know! I am regretting this already!!!! we really do get along pretty good since two of the couple are our kids and the other one is my sister in law and hubby. Let's hope one of them can drive on the left! I will be buying lots of rum and wine for this trip!!!
Thanks for all your help and advice guys!!!
PJV356

Post by PJV356 »

We have stayed at Great Turtle Villa and loved it. We are heading back in 2016 and staying there again. Four equal bedrooms and a great view of Coral Bay.
inuny

Post by inuny »

We do 3 couples quite often. Since 2 of the couples are your kids, I think that's easier than friends. With the 2 cars, each car should have one person from each couple signed on as a driver (some rental companies charge for this).

Even trying to coordinate 3 couples to get everything and everyone together to go to the beach (towels, chairs, food, drinks) takes effort. With 4 couples (2 generations), I think it could be easier in some ways because you can divide into 2 groups. Some people are early risers, big hikers, shoppers, some like to spend longer at the beach.....The key is not to expect to spend every minute together.
kellijo

Post by kellijo »

I hate to give away the fishing hole, but we love Drake's View. It can accommodate 4 couples, but it's even better if you're down to 3. The view and the breezes are spectacular, and it's centrally located; Francis Bay will be your "local" and it's a quick trip into town for provisions or dinner.

Check it out here: http://www.stjohndrakesview.com/
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

There will be four of us and have looked at Drakes. Why would it be better with 3 couples there?