Under the Rainbow Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
samoka

Under the Rainbow Villa

Post by samoka »

Hi all - I am getting ready to lock in our villa for the last week in February. I would have done it already but thought I was camping at Cinnamon Bay - plans have changed. I was hoping someone had information about "Under the Rainbow" villa in Fish Bay. Thanks in advance.
AquaGirl

Re: Under the Rainbow Villa

Post by AquaGirl »

I've never stayed here, but thought I would offer some observations since I enjoy "the hunt" for a villa.

This is a good price for a villa with A/C in bedrooms and a nice pool. We enjoy cooling off in the pool after being at the beach.

The apartment is very basic, and they use the word "rustic" in the description, but it looks fine if that's all you need.

Take note there is just one bathroom, although its split into 2 different sections. If you have more than 2 people in your group, everyone needs to not mind sharing a bathroom.

I can't tell from the pictures if there is any place to sit and dine outside in the shade. This is a "must" feature for us in a villa.

Sounds like the owner lives on-site or very close by. This could be a con if you want privacy. They also mention their dogs, which is fine if you are a dog lover.

Very close to Cruz Bay, which is nice if you are like us, and have to pop into the grocery stores often.

I poked around online for a few minutes looking for reviews, but only found the ones listed on their vrbo site. The owner just joined vrbo in Nov 2014, so perhaps it hasn't been in the rental market that long.

Happy villa hunting! Let us know if you stay here. Would be interested in hearing about it.
samoka

Re: Under the Rainbow Villa

Post by samoka »

We ended up deciding on Fishbone. I was concerned about the lack of interior pictures onthe Under the Rainbow website. Thanks for your feedback.