Oh, no! Out of Valley Doll sauce

Travel discussion for St. John
AquaGirl

Oh, no! Out of Valley Doll sauce

Post by AquaGirl »

We love the Valley Doll sauce for marinating chicken or pork. I just used the last drop in the bottle this week :( We first discovered it some years ago at Shipwreck Landing. They had a fish entree that used this sauce and it became one of our StJ favorites. The lady who made the sauce has passed away, but we were able to buy it at St John Spice on our trip in 2013. I hope they still carry it so I can stock up on our 2016 trip. If you've never tried it, I highly recommend it. (Haven't tried the Vally Doll hot sauce, just the original sauce.)
Ed S

Re: Oh, no! Out of Valley Doll sauce

Post by Ed S »

We purchased Valley Doll Hot Sauce at St John Spice in 2014...... looks like they still carry it (but I don't see the regular sauce, just the hot sauce).
http://store.stjohnspice.com/products.p ... -Hot-Sauce
Image[/url]
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We are also huge valley doll fans. That and blind Betty's are our household condiments.

Last time I ordered from STJ spice, I remember getting three different types of valley doll.

This post reminded me to order amchristmas gift box for hubby.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Realtor - St John Properties
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

Funny - when we took our extended family to STJ in 2011, My bro-in-law (who considers himself a hot sauce afficiando) found and fell in love with Woody's hot sauce. He bought a whole bunch from St John Spice and then it became unavailable (I think around the time Woodys was sold) and he couldn't get it for a few years. Pretty sure they stopped making it, at least for a while. When we were in St. John Spice last year, we saw that it was back and ended up sending him a full box of bottles - 14 in all. He was one happy camper when he opened that box.

Sounds like I need to get him some of this valley doll sauce as well. Perfect gift....after Polar Bear Coolers and parachute blankets have been exhausted.