Coral Bay Marina Update

Travel discussion for St. John
iheartsj

Coral Bay Marina Update

Post by iheartsj »

SEG UPDATE: Army Corps Has Stopped Processing the Permit Application !

On October 22 the Army Corps of Engineers sent an extensive information request to Summer's End Group (http://savecoralbay.com/army-corps-addi ... rmation-…/ ). SEG was given 30 days to respond, and their response (on Nov 2) was to ask for more time. The Corps' response (on Nov 3) was to tell SEG that their permit is being withdrawn from processing:

"Please be advised that by action of this letter your application is being withdrawn from processing. The application will remain in abeyance pending receipt of the information requested on October 22, 2015."

So basically the situation is this: SEG was required to answer all agency concerns, all public concerns, all Army Corps concerns, and then all of this information would be compiled into an Environmental Assessment. To answer all of these issues would require considerable time and money (neither of which SEG has in any great measure), and in the end the conclusion would be that the marina cannot be built. So we are in a holding pattern, waiting for SEG to abandon this project and move somewhere else ... Happy Thanksgiving !!! Save Coral Bay for Future Generations !!!
pmk

Re: Coral Bay Marina Update

Post by pmk »

I hope this is good news. It's certainly not bad news.

However, I find it disconcerting that the application is only "in abeyance pending receipt of the information requested." Hope they're not just waiting for a new political regime that might be more favorable to their rape the bay mindset.

pmk
jimg20

Re: Coral Bay Marina Update

Post by jimg20 »

Although this is not the end of this project I think you can see the end from here. There are things they can do that would prolong or even advance the marina, but I don't think they have there resources to do that. I don't see any responsible investors joining them under the current conditions.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....