Don't use hospitality car rental

Travel discussion for St. John
seagrape

Don't use hospitality car rental

Post by seagrape »

Local saying that you should boycott. Rude man. Empty gas tank. Embarrassing to all, including honeymooners expecting so much more. Enough said. Won't EVER recommend...EVER!
msfcambridge

Re: Don't use hospitality car rental

Post by msfcambridge »

We've been to STJ many times and when I read this post I was so disappointed. Thanks for sharing. The last thing that's good for Love City is demonstrating no love. So wrong. We just cancelled a reservation that we had with this company. We'll be using another rental place. It's unfortunate; for an immediate few bucks they could loose thousands. Small world.
BAILEYBAY

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Oh my goodness....we have used Hospitality in the past and had no issues. Are we talking about Thomas? Or has someone else taken over for him?
thompson27502

Post by thompson27502 »

All that over an empty tank? Since you usually bring it back with the same amount why don't you just get gas on the first day instead of the last?

I mean, sorry that seems to have ruined your trip but this is reminiscent to me of the recent story about the woman who complained to her property manager about the coquis?
msfcambridge

Post by msfcambridge »

I didn't read anything about this ruining the entire trip..? I didn't see that in the post. Also, it doesn't compare to the other post about the coquis. Hopefully that person will stick to very commercialized destinations with very little to no wildlife. However, I did read that it wasn't cool to start off on the wrong foot with an empty gas tank which is not typical of the rental places in STJ. We have never had to get gas right from the get go before shopping and or heading to our villa. Since I wasn't there personally I can say is that whatever behavior was demonstrated was obviously not perceived as helpful or pleasant. That's the baseline of good service. People remember how you made them feel.