What would /do you miss living down there?

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

What would /do you miss living down there?

Post by mahojim »

Evenin', folks.
So, not long ago, I was waiting on a young man who was just re-relocating back to the the mainland after going through veterinary school for a few years on St. Kitts (if I remember correctly, if not, the question still stands -)
Having been to STJ more than a few times, I thought I would ask him what it was like, and what he missed the most.
His initial answer was, "not sweating ", which I thought was an obvious laugh. Then he said, "Not sweating, and eating real food. But definitely not sweating. "
And I can see that point, unabashedly. The only thing that I think I would miss runs along those same lines- taking a nice hot shower, whenever needed.
Thus the question - what do you miss most living down there, and for my tourist family, what do you long for on the way home from vacation?
Smiles -
MJ
Exit Zero

Re: What would /do you miss living down there?

Post by Exit Zero »

I have lived here a long time :
I miss:
Long drives in a great car on real roads
Concerts, museums and other cultural events
Cheap, fresh food
clothing sales
Easily available competent health care opportunities

I don't mind the trade off though and wouldn't trade locations from my island living. That is why I take long vacations.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Besides family of course, I miss nice hot showers, good health care and cheap fresh fruit and veggies.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

I miss fresh tasty fruit regardless of the price. Ethnic food choices - real Mexican, Thai, Greek, Indian etc.
gmanka

Post by gmanka »

Driving fast on freeways. Hunting in the fall of the year and the change of seasons.
poidog

Post by poidog »

Family. I can have anything or everything I need/want shipped here on way or another.
Follow our building blog @ Seas the Day Villa STJ