The Tourist Trap - closing?

Travel discussion for St. John
SuefromMA

The Tourist Trap - closing?

Post by SuefromMA »

I just quickly saw a post on Trip Advisor that this will be The Tourist Trap's last season? Is this true?
We will be visiting at the end of April, 2016 and sure hope that they will still be open!!
Any news???
cool breeze

Re: The Tourist Trap - closing?

Post by cool breeze »

When talking with Larry this past November told us he should be there through April. Sad situation after all the hard work he and Cheryl put forth he got handed a bad situation. we will certainly miss them both.
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

I just thought they were trying to sell. Clearly I'm missing some of the story here. TT will be missed.
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

What terribly sad news this is. The Tourist Trap was one of those "special finds" that always brought a smile to our face and happiness to our tummies!! Simple pleasures served in a true island setting. Nachos and drinks were/are "the best". Sure hope that we will get to enjoy them one last time. How very sad for all of us (and them), as well!!
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Really?!?! I was SO looking forward to eating multiple lobster rolls in August!!!!!! :( So sad to hear this. Great place, and great folks.
MadCityMom

Post by MadCityMom »

A trip advisor review from Feb 10th says they worked something out with their landlord and would be staying open!! I hope that's true! :D
pipergal

Post by pipergal »

Was just there last week and they should have some news soon - currently they are open Monday through Saturday - fingers crossed they stay open ! Had a lobster roll and a Drink Right - oh so good!
Pipergal
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

People who reside "on island" - please keep us in the know! Great news that they might be able to work something out. Hope to see them at the end of April/beginning of May! Fingers crossed.....
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

I will soon be planning a fall trip back & I hope they will be open! My husband and I really enjoyed it when we stayed up on Calabash. Please do keep us posted!
augie

Post by augie »

The last time I spoke to Larry about this he said that the owner of the property would not allow him to sell the business, and that he had to vacate by November.

At that time his plan was to close after high season because he saw no reason to remain open during the months when it is hard to make a profit.

I'm not sure if this conversation took place before the Feb. 10 date referenced in one of the above posts, so I will try to get an update next time I'm out that way.
Come see us!