safe lotion

Travel discussion for St. John
msfcambridge

safe lotion

Post by msfcambridge »

I've been reading about Sunsafe as a product that works to prevent sea lice bites but also safe for reefs, fish, etc. Is it a lotion or something like a vitamin that one takes every day? I'm not having much luck finding it online.
thanks!
david@va.beach

Re: safe lotion

Post by david@va.beach »

where did you read about it protecting you from sea lice?
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

I have never used it and never needed it, but I have seen it and last year with all the stinging jellies saw where some had used the lotion. I did find this online: http://www.buysafesea.com/safesea_lotion_faq.php. Good luck and let us know if it works for you!
msfcambridge

Post by msfcambridge »

Hi David@va.beach,

I think I was stung a couple of times when I was there last week of March but I didn't react as badly as another woman that went on a kayak trip tour with us. We never figured out what it was. However, when I returned I started seeing posts on this forum talking about how awful it was (keeping people out of the water) and someone recommended the lotion. Just couldn't find it again. Hope that helps.

Backtotheislands,
Thanks a bunch for the link!! We will let you know how well it works.
fmzip

Post by fmzip »

Are there still issues in St John, I thought it was LAST April?

Headed to St John on Saturday for two weeks, do I really need to pick up some Safe Sea?? :)
msfcambridge

Post by msfcambridge »

You can find Safe Sea on Amazon.
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

We used SeaSafe last year and it did seem to help. I just returned from a week on St John and can tell you that we were in the water everyday, on all sides of the island and never had even one sting. The SeaSafe was in the bag, but we never used it.