6+ BR rentals??

Travel discussion for St. John
jaybfloyd

6+ BR rentals??

Post by jaybfloyd »

Need some help please. I think we may have bitten off more than we can chew and invited a few too many people on our next trip. We didn't think they'd all say yes! We may have 14-16 people so a 7 or 8 BR is what we need. I've already looked at A la Mer but too expensive. Some of the others sleep as many as 14-16 but only have 5-6BR. That won't work. Hate to ask someone to pay that kind of money and sleep on a pull out. Any others besides Great Expectations? Thank you!
loria

Re: 6+ BR rentals??

Post by loria »

have you thought of 2 villas adjacent to each other? I know there are a number out there -- (though the names escape me) -- let me see if i can remember ---(i am sure someone will post back before that though!)

this might work? https://www.vrbo.com/471672
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
SamanthaL

Post by SamanthaL »

I would definitely look into 2 houses next to or close to each other. Even if you could find a house that big that's just too many people in one house for my liking.

You could alternate houses for nights you want to have dinner in.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Monte Bay has seven bedrooms if you rent the guesthouse too.

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/property/ ... est-house/

Honestly, there are only a handful of 7+bedroom houses, and they are super luxury/crazy expensive like A La Mer is. John and I are always looking for big houses for our summer trips so I am pretty familiar with what's out there. Once you go past five bedrooms you are in a completely different stratosphere from a budget perspective.

You will have a lot more options if you consider renting two adjacent 3-4 bdr homes. Is that an option?
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
jpm

Post by jpm »

What about a few of the Sunset Ridge villas that CimmaronStJohn rents? They appear to be quite affordable. http://www.cimmaronstjohn.com
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Renting 2 is an option. Loria, not crazy about that location. I know I may not have the luxury of being picky. Thanks for the help. Any adjacent 2 villas each with 4 BR?
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

If you'd consider the southeast side...http://www.stjohnultimatevillas.com/st- ... villa.php)
Image[/url]
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I'm not sure the links are good...Ocean Palm Villa is the one I was trying to suggest
Image[/url]
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

I've stayed at Ocean Palm and wouldn't recommend it. Have you looked at Villa Panache? https://cateredto.com/#!/villa-panache Great views and location. I would also check out Tennis Villa & Cottage: http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/property/ ... ailability
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Panache is only 6BR. We stayed at tennis villa and cottage before. Very run down. Thanks for the suggestions though. Still looking.
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Anyone in your group need a more budget friendly option? I ask because last year our group got too big for the house we had already reserved, and some of those folks were on a bit more of a budget. We ended up renting a second house that was just down the mountain, but a lot more budget friendly. Everyone hung out at the big house at night till bedtime, then 4 of them drove back down to the smaller place just to sleep. They would drive back up in the morning so we could eat breakfast and plan our day. It put us all relatively close, and helped some of the group to be able to afford more "extras" during the trip.
CHM

Post by CHM »

Blue Papaya and La Bella Vita are on the same street / road in Virgin Grand. I can't remember if they are next to each other or if a villa is between them. There is also a nice villa on the other side of Blue Papaya. I can't remember the name but I think the owner is a forum member. Really most of the villas in Virgin Grand would be great.
kklay

Post by kklay »

I do think the Virgin Grand area would be a good place to look for two villas within close proximity to each other. What is the budget amount for a couple? Are you talking a 7 day stay or more?
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

I agree with what many of the others said about renting 2 homes beside or near each other. With that many people you could defiantly use more than one kitchen ! And more than one Grill ! I know that there are a good many rentals in Klein Bay area that are beside each other. Don't know your budget....but you could easily get two 4 or even 5 bedrooms there . Good Luck and Happy Hunting . :)

Sherry in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

The top of our budget is $2500/couple which if we have 8 is $20,000/week. Thanks.