6+ BR rentals??

Travel discussion for St. John
Pulley

Re: 6+ BR rentals??

Post by Pulley »

Vista Caribe (we've stayed there twice) & Villa Kalorama are across the street from each other in Virgin Grand Estates.
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Coconuts and Plumeria. Next to each other off Gift Hill, but not in VG Estates. If one or the other is rented, you could do one of the with Palm Villa which is adjacent to one of them.
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Another great reasonable choice is La Papaya and Ambience on Rock Ridge Rd overlooking Great Cruz Bay and Chocolate Hole. They are right across the street from each other and the driveways adjoin. We are renting them this November for my son's wedding. They are offered by Destination St a John, who would also offer a Blue Papaya/ Cocotier combo in VG Estates.
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

And yet another suggestion would be Hale Lani and Villa Splendore, or Hale Lani and villa Serenity ! Or Colibri and Hale Lani. The views are to die for but the bedrooms would not be equal. They are all in a triangle on a Maria Bluff.
As yet another suggestion, you could combine either La Papaya or Ambience with Villa Allessandra,as their 3 driveways adjoin on Rock Ridge Rd.
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

While I don't consider myself an expert, I have rented or stayed in at least 25 different places on St John, both large and small, yearly, over the last 20 years. I held my wedding and wedding moon with 32 people on island in2000, hosted large vacation groups and now we are planning my son's wedding and renting 3 or 4 villas in November. In recent years, I have found that it is far easier to combine rentals from a single villa management company or single owners, or have on owner recommend a neighboring property than to have any disagreements with management companies or owners over one large group renting 2 villas and gathering at one. This was not the case years ago but in today's litigious climate this would keep everyone happy, and no one accusing you of having a " group event" without advising the owners. I believe the owner of Kalorama, if it is the original owner, is very sensitive to this.
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

ncsusan wrote:We have stayed at Ocean Palm Villa for the last six years. The property went through a rough time when the bank took it. However over the last two years the property has really made a come back. The management company is doing a great job and we are returning next year. You can rent the Ocean Palm Villa main house with its four bedrooms and Coral Cove, also 4 bedrooms which is just down the beach. The beach really isn't walkable back and forth but its a very short walk between villas on the street.

That would give you 8 bedrooms for well under your budget for $20,000.
ncsusan when we stayed at Ocean Palm we found that the showers had no water pressure. We literally had single drops of water coming out of the shower. Out of 6 bedrooms, 2 had enough water pressure to shower with. Has the water pressure issue in the showers been corrected?
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Joppa wrote:
ncsusan wrote:We have stayed at Ocean Palm Villa for the last six years. The property went through a rough time when the bank took it. However over the last two years the property has really made a come back. The management company is doing a great job and we are returning next year. You can rent the Ocean Palm Villa main house with its four bedrooms and Coral Cove, also 4 bedrooms which is just down the beach. The beach really isn't walkable back and forth but its a very short walk between villas on the street.

That would give you 8 bedrooms for well under your budget for $20,000.
ncsusan when we stayed at Ocean Palm we found that the showers had no water pressure. We literally had single drops of water coming out of the shower. Out of 6 bedrooms, 2 had enough water pressure to shower with. Has the water pressure issue in the showers been corrected?
Joppa, I posted a similar account of Ocean Palm in another thread. We ended up showering with the garden hose by the small pool. Too much money not to be able to get a decent shower - IMHO.
loria

Post by loria »

That is sad to hear bout ocean palm-- it would seem that this problem would be easily amended by the addition of a couple of additional pressure tanks-- I understand not having great water pressure on island (it wastes a lot of water) but at least have some!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
ncsusan

Post by ncsusan »

The water pressure wasn't great in some bathrooms (mostly the upper) We stayed in an upper bedroom last year and it wasn't too bad. However we are very careful about the water usage and are in and out quickly and turn the water off unless we are rinsing off. There were five couple travelling with us and no one complained about it. The rest of the house makes up for low water pressure!
ncsusan

Post by ncsusan »

The water pressure wasn't great in some bathrooms (mostly the upper) We stayed in an upper bedroom last year and it wasn't too bad. However we are very careful about the water usage and are in and out quickly and turn the water off unless we are rinsing off. There were five couple travelling with us and no one complained about it. The rest of the house makes up for low water pressure!
ncsusan

Post by ncsusan »

Sorry! Don't know why my post is there twice!
steve

Post by steve »

This is a tough one but if you are looking for two beautiful adjacent homes with great views and easy beach access look at Catherineberg area. On Wattapama road there are several. La Jolla Caribe has 5 bedrooms and there is a 6th room "media room" that we has 2 Futons and AC... we put kids there in the past. Next door is Cinnamon Stones with 3 bedrooms and small pool.
Update on John Head rd for those who love the Catherineberg North Shore views and proximity to the beach but fear the road: It is now paved from the top of the hill down past Watapama and by the end of May they said all the way to JungleStone! The first and last portions are dirt but are being maintained nicely (some pot holes). This has been a long time coming and will make the stay on the N Shore much safer and more pleasant. :D
Steve, St John frequent flyer
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Thanks to everyone for the advice! However, were down to 10 people after a couple cancellations. We're choosing Island Stones. Anyone been there??
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

Great choice jaybfloyd...haven't been there but it looks gorgeous 8)

Have a wonderful time!

Lisa
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
kklay

Post by kklay »

I've been wanting to stay there, just need to find a few more friends/family that will loosen up their purse strings!