Healthcare on St. John

Travel discussion for St. John
pear8head

Healthcare on St. John

Post by pear8head »

Will be on island during my chemo treatment follow- up. My doc has approved sending orders for subsequent blood draws if I can get them done at the Clinic. They, in turn, would fax results to my doc. Anybody with any experience like this? . I can't be the only one NOT letting chemo get in the way of my annual trip to paradise.
stjohnjulie

Re: Healthcare on St. John

Post by stjohnjulie »

Getting the blood drawn probably won't be a problem. Get the labs done might take time though. On St. John, you can call the clinic and set up an appointment, 340-693-8900. Make sure you ask for the nurse's station and ask the nurses if it is doable. Then set up an appointment. They take walk ins and emergencies, and wait times can sometimes get kind of bad. Labs usually take less though. Hope you enjoy your trip and yea you for not letting cancer stop you from your trip!
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Dr. Scott Hartshorn is located in The Marketplace STJ and is on STJ on Tues. and Thurs. --340-693-7444
I have used him as my primary Dr. for many years in his STT office and he may be able to do what you need on an expedited basis.
He certainly is knowledgeable and reliable - you could call and discuss the need you have and get a clearer idea of what timeframe is involved.

STT office M-W-Fr --340 776-8989
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

Be sure to inquire as to the time needed to obtain results. Some tests need to be sent off island. Just depends on what the test is for.
pear8head

Post by pear8head »

Thanks for all the great advice negotiating a blood draw on St. John. I think I'll give Dr. Scott Hartshorn a call this week and see if I can get anything pre-arranged. Normally, I have three blood tests in between treatments, but my Oncologist has okay'd just having one while on island. He has been very supportive of our keeping our normal schedule! If you see a bald woman snorkeling, that will be me!
Linda