ISO accommodations in January

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

ISO accommodations in January

Post by mahojim »

Hey, y'all.
Trying to help a friend find a place to stay for a week next year. The only thing that he specified was inexpensive and air conditioning. He and his daughter will have a Jeep, and any part of the island is okay. He's in his mid 70's , and has been there several times, but not for a while. He's not in the best shape, so nothing overly challenging with a lot of stairs. An apartment, small condo,...but hopefully something a little bit on the quieter side.
While I have been there several times, I have never looked for a place during high season, and the places I have stayed would not only be cost-ineffective , but a little too much for him to endure, as far as the stairs and such.
Any ideas are welcome,and thanks.
Smiles -
MJ
loria

Re: ISO accommodations in January

Post by loria »

has he looked at lameshur cottages? no ac, but fans -- i was there this january and didn't need ac AT ALL -- there are some steps -- but not a lot-- it's affordable and quiet
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

I'm going to run it by him. Guessing a.c. might be necessary, but not sure. When I asked his hippy old self about it, he just said, "That would be nice. .."
All suggestions appreciated.
MJ
loria

Post by loria »

just sent you a PM.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

How does he feel about driving? I stayed at a cute budget place on Bordeaux with very few steps and AC in the bedrooms, but the driveway is a little challenging, not terrible, and certainly not the hardest we've stayed at, but not super easy either.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Michigan Girl-
What is the website?
Smiles -
MJ
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

https://www.vrbo.com/347246 The listing calls the driveway nice and wide - but the trick with it is not the width, it's the odd angle at which it intersects Bordeaux Mountain Rd. We could never back out and go down the hill, we always had to back out and go up the hill a bit to turn around. When the neighbors weren't home and we could turn around in their driveway it was much easier. The cottage is aptly described in the description, it not fancy by any means, but it is affordable and quaint. I would not hesitate to stay there again, in fact last year when we had more people join our group after the house we rented was already full we ended up having them rent this one based on proximity and they also enjoyed it. Any other questions, feel free to ask :)