Deer by the sundial
Taking a dip
Taking a dip
No Gifft Hill visit is complete without some more sunset photos:
Sunset 1
Sunset 1
Sunset II
Sunset II
I had hoped to do some deep astrophotography during this trip, but between having friends with us for the first week, and all of the villa projects, I never got around to it. I did manage to take a photo of the moon through the telescope at Plumeria, though:
Moon
Moon
All the best,

Kevin
Last edited by Coconuts on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
longingstjohn

Re: Some more photos

Post by longingstjohn »

Kevin,

Nice pics.
How goes the solar upgrade?

brian.
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

Brian: The solar project is complete for now, and has more than met our expectations. I have some comments in my earlier post. The ground mount system used 315 watt LG panels, which is as high an efficiency as you can get now (20%). Solar City, via their acquisition of Silevo, is set to tick up efficiency to 22 - 23% starting next year. While we got in under the net metering cap, we are considering putting Sonnen (www.sonnen-batterie.com/en-us/start) battery storage systems at each villa. Sonnen battery storage systems are available now, and use lithium iron phosphate cells, with twice as many cycles (10K versus 5K) as the still a year away Tesla Powerwall.

All the best,

Kevin
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Kevin.....MORE PHOTOS pleeeese !!! :lol:
" I believe there's Magic here...."
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

philbetm: Will do, but way too busy dealing with taxes this afternoon. By the way, I tend to upload images as attachments, but that limits you to five. What do other posters recommend to embed lots of photos in a post? Also, how do you do that and still show a starting photo, instead of just a link to an external site? I currently save photos on local hard drives, but could consider using iCloud, Flicker, or whatever.

All the best,

Kevin