Gallows Point discounts?

Travel discussion for St. John
jdjcmaso

Gallows Point discounts?

Post by jdjcmaso »

Hi. We are planning a trip later this year. Last trip we stayed at Gallows Point and loved it there. Does anyone know of any discounts available? Thanks!
Joe
Ed S

Re: Gallows Point discounts?

Post by Ed S »

Joe,
As a repeat guest at Gallows Point, you will automatically get 10% off their published rates (I would mention it just in case since you haven't been there very recently). Beyond that, they do often run specials. I would always make my reservation well before any specials for my time frame, but would have them note in my reservation that if I see a special advertised, that I can call them and they would honor it. We usually go in early December, but have also been in mid November, as well as once in early June. So, 6 times in the past 6 years, and have always been able to take advantage of a special (with the exception of this past early Dec. when we only got 10% off). Most ever was 30% off, but usually more like 20%-25% off (not in addition to the 10% though). My feeling is it doesn't seem like they are running specials as often as they did when we first started going in 2010. Needless to say they don't run specials during high season (i.e. Dec. 18th through early April). Below is the website that I would check almost daily once I booked to see if I could take advantage to specials. Good luck - hope for the best!
http://www.gallowspointresort.com/st-jo ... -deals.php
Image[/url]
jdjcmaso

Post by jdjcmaso »

Thanks Ed for your detailed response. I appreciate your efforts very much! It looks like we are almost neighbors in NJ :)
Joe
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Joe, yes, such a small world. I used to work right up the hill from you off of Mt Bethel Rd in Warren, and also on Rt. 22 just a few miles west of you in Somerville/Bridgewater (now my office is in New Brunswick). I do hope you get back to Gallows Point (it is a very special place for sure!), and get a good deal while you are at it! I forgot to mention, one of those years Gallows didn't advertise a special for the month we reserved, but I happened to notice a discount on Trip Advisor (i.e. if you look up Gallows on TA to see reviews, etc.) so I called them and they honored that as well. Just speak with Marcy or Daldrene (the woman I most always speak with when making a reservations). Good luck
Image[/url]