Charlotte airport?

Travel discussion for St. John
michigan girls

Charlotte airport?

Post by michigan girls »

Got a notice that they changed my flight departure time for tomorrow - now I only have 22 minutes to change planes in Charlotte! I don't think I've ever flown through Charlotte, should I be concerned about this tight connection? Thankfully we're sitting in the very front, so that should help at least...
Suziekue

Re: Charlotte airport?

Post by Suziekue »

The CLT Airport is pretty easy to navigate but still 22 minutes is tight, I'd go online and try to find out what terminal your flights arrive/depart and then view the map of CLT online hopefully it will be very close. I assume your on American and CLT is the old US Airways hub so with any luck you'll be in the same terminal or very close. Best of luck, have to support my fellow Michigan Girls!
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

22 minutes is not a "legal" connection. There needs to be at least 30 minutes between flights.

There is always that chance that you will take off from a gate next or across from the arrival gate. There is a much higher probability that you will be 20 minutes from the next gate.

If you haven't done so, call immediately. They have to fix this for you.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

I should clarify that the 22 minutes is to boarding time, not departure time, so maybe I'm worrying too much. I just looked at a map of the airport, and it looks like all the American flights are in the same concourse?
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Well 22 minutes from boarding is much better so 52 minutes from departure, I think you'll be OK then but just my opinion.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

kklay

Post by kklay »

Yes, we've done 52 minutes - several times and had no issues. Many times the plane lands early.
Donk2001

Post by Donk2001 »

"it looks like all the American flights are in the same concourse?"
All of Charlotte is American Airlines, except for the A concourse.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Yes what Donk said.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Donk2001 wrote:"it looks like all the American flights are in the same concourse?"
All of Charlotte is American Airlines, except for the A concourse.
lol, obviously I was looking at an incorrect map, because the only concourse that listed American was A - Probably a pre-merger map, I didn't think about that