Lawnchairs and snorkel mask

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

Lawnchairs and snorkel mask

Post by parafins »

Hey everyone, is there a place to rent a couple of lawn chairs for a week, or would I be better off buying them down there? Also I would like to purchase a snorkel mask for my dad while we are there so that I can make sure that it fits correctly. Any suggestions? I'm 2 months and 5 days away from paradise!
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
loria

Re: Lawnchairs and snorkel mask

Post by loria »

st john beach bum has chairs-- you can buy masks (or rent) from low key or from crabby (and presumably from st john beach bum as well)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
ArkieLovesSTJ

Post by ArkieLovesSTJ »

You should be able to rent anything you need from St. John Beach Bum, or buy if you chose to. They are on the second floor of Wharfside Village across from St John Spice. This is the building on your right as you walk off the passenger ferry.

You will not meet two nicer people than the owners and they have greatly expanded their selection over the last couple of years.
News of St. John

Post by News of St. John »

You can rent beach chairs at Just Beach in Mongoose Junction as well.
Jenn, News of St. John
kklay

Post by kklay »

We bring along our chairs. I have real issues with my knees and the sand chairs are just too low for me and to get out of them requires me to roll out onto my hands and push up with my butt in the air - quite a site! So I purchased two travel bag chairs that are aluminum with a mesh seat and back (with a cup holder for my frosty beverage!). I also ended up having to buy a new duffle/rolling bag that wasn't cheap but works very well! Maybe a little extreme but it works for us - so much so that our travel friends now have the same chairs and bag!
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Quite a few years ago, we stayed at Estate Concordia and they didn't provide beach chairs. We rented nice chairs from Crabby's in Coral Bay. On another trip, my snorkel got messed up and I bought one from Crabby's. Its been great and I still use it after many years. I took a quick look at Crabby's website and it looks like they still rent and sell a lot of beach gear.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

kklay wrote:We bring along our chairs. I have real issues with my knees and the sand chairs are just too low for me and to get out of them requires me to roll out onto my hands and push up with my butt in the air - quite a site! So I purchased two travel bag chairs that are aluminum with a mesh seat and back (with a cup holder for my frosty beverage!). I also ended up having to buy a new duffle/rolling bag that wasn't cheap but works very well! Maybe a little extreme but it works for us - so much so that our travel friends now have the same chairs and bag!
Hi there, my Mom is interested in bringing a chair along this next trip. The last time she came with us we searched far and wide for a taller chair and couldn't find one anywhere. If you have any links, they would be greatly appreciated! For the rolling duffle, too, I assume it fits the chair and then some?
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
kklay

Post by kklay »

http://www.wayfair.com/Travel-Chair-Ted ... R1007.html?

Above is a link for the Teddy Travel Aluminum Chair (6.38 lbs). YOu might be able to search the internet for a better price.

http://www.ebags.com/product/victorinox ... d=10164133

Above is the Victorinox duffle - wheeled style bag that fits actually two of the chairs plus clothes, etc. The bag is not cheap and you could also search for a sale, etc. I think I paid around $179 last year and Ebags has some good sales - 20% off, etc. so good luck with your search. . . . hope this helps!
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

Just inside the Marketplace (where Starfish grocery is located), the first shop on the left rents beach chairs. I forget the name of the shop, but it's where Kaleidoscope Video used to be located.

TM
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

kklay wrote:http://www.wayfair.com/Travel-Chair-Ted ... R1007.html?

Above is a link for the Teddy Travel Aluminum Chair (6.38 lbs). YOu might be able to search the internet for a better price.

http://www.ebags.com/product/victorinox ... d=10164133

Above is the Victorinox duffle - wheeled style bag that fits actually two of the chairs plus clothes, etc. The bag is not cheap and you could also search for a sale, etc. I think I paid around $179 last year and Ebags has some good sales - 20% off, etc. so good luck with your search. . . . hope this helps!
Thank you!!!
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
kklay

Post by kklay »

I will say that since we and our friends have been bringing our chairs along with us, when we are at the beach it seems everyone gravitates to sitting in the higher chairs instead of the beach chairs that were brought along from the condo/villa (we are usually in a travel group of 6-10 people). It would be great if there was an option to rent either on island - although since we've found the good Victorinex rolling duffle - we are all set to bring our own along. I also use the packing cubes (which are lightweight) that I purchased thru ebags and it makes packing/unpacking very easy. We also bring along some extra hangers - seems the villas/condos only have a couple for each bedroom.