Buy beach chairs

Travel discussion for St. John
joshua

Buy beach chairs

Post by joshua »

Looking to use low beach chairs for our next trip; has anyone found them on STT or STJ for purchase or rental (2 weeks), or shipped them from the US?
Thanks.
joshua

Re: Buy beach chairs

Post by joshua »

Sorry, just saw almost duplicate post!
News of St. John

Post by News of St. John »

You can rent beach chairs at Just Beach in Mongoose Junction.
Jenn, News of St. John
inuny

Post by inuny »

You can also rent at Beach Bum-right across from the ferry (upstairs)
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

I've bought beach chairs at the hardware store before. I think I donated it/them to someone on the board when we were done with them.

That may be a good way to go....buy a set of beach chairs and then find someone on the board who lives in STJ and give the chairs to them with the caveat that you get use them when you're on Island. Seems like a win/win to me.
awardb

Post by awardb »

We've also bought the slightly higher and better (at least if you're a little older) beach chairs at St. John Hardware. They usually have several different styles in stock.
AwardB
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. - Lewis Carroll
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

awardb wrote:We've also bought the slightly higher and better (at least if you're a little older) beach chairs at St. John Hardware. They usually have several different styles in stock.
The last time we looked there they only had the typical low chairs.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
inuny

Post by inuny »

It's interesting that this thread recently came up. I was on island in March sitting on our regular beach chairs and for the first time I was thinking I would be more comfortable if the chairs were a bit higher. And I see I'm not alone. I will be buying more beach chairs and include some higher ones as well.
luv2travel

Post by luv2travel »

Rio makes a decent "high boy" chair. Aluminum frame. Us "elders" need the chair height seat to make it easier to sit and stand.
awardb

Post by awardb »

Yes, we have used those Rio chairs - they are MUCH better than the low-slung sand chairs for those of us who are getting slightly up there in years. I believe that Kevin at Coconuts had them when we stayed there last year. I seem to remember the brand name Rio. I wonder if St. John Hardware or any of the Beach stores carries them for purchase?
AwardB
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. - Lewis Carroll
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

If you're headed to St. John in the high season, be advised that finding beach/lawn chairs for purchase may be very difficult. The most logical spots to buy a chair -- St. John Hardware, Paradise Lumber on Centerline Road -- may simply have no stock; they get snapped up quickly in the high season. When we were on the island in Jan-Feb, we found some chairs for sale at Chelsea Drug, but they were pretty flimsy for an adult physique.

Renting chairs is easier; there are numerous spots. And don't forget you can rent chairs at Trunk and Cinnamon (while they last), but they have to be returned by 3:30.

TM
joshua

Post by joshua »

Thanks for all of the contacts and suggestions!