Share Charter in September and other September Questions

Travel discussion for St. John
CHM

Share Charter in September and other September Questions

Post by CHM »

We will be on island in September to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We have traveled March- early July but never September.

Is anyone interested in sharing a boat charter during the week of September 18-24? We usually have a group that splits a charter, but this year we are solo. We would like to go to B-Line, Ivans, Soggy, etc. You know the drill. We are really open to whatever. If no charter then we are trying to decide between the ferry and a group charter with Kekoa or Cruzbay watersports (which is not really our preference because we like our own boat but...)

Also, what should we expect in September. How is it different? I know many restaurants will be closed. We cook most meals at the villa, but hopefully a few restaurants and bars will be open. How is the weather, temperature, etc.? We are also thinking about a sunset sail this trip. Is that fun? We are looking at booking one on the date of our anniversary so we would be on the water to toast 20 years. Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate and not curse us with a hurricane. Yes, we have trip insurance. What were we thinking getting married in September?!?! :lol: Thanks in advance!
Coconuts

Re: Share Charter in September and other September Questions

Post by Coconuts »

CHM: I could only deliver one passenger (me), but I would probably be up for this. Perhaps you could find some other folks to round out the manifest. We love it in September; the crowds are gone, the water is really warm, and with 60+ restaurants to start with, there will still be plenty that are open. It's a little hotter, but not so much. The breezes are a bit slack, but as long as you rent a place with a pool and A/C in the bedrooms, you will be fine. Storms are really rare; the Atlantic is vast, and both their eye and St. John are in comparison quite small.

I posted about this time of year on St. John, here:
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/v ... =1&t=27288

All the best,

Kevin
www.cocoplum.vi
CHM

Post by CHM »

Great! I will see what is available and send you a PM. And thank you for the information on September! We are so ready!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Kekoa is out of the water until September 21st for dry dock (most boats are hauled out at that time of year so I would start calling around to see who is in or out) I run the office at Kekoa - please email me if you have any questions or if you wish to book.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
RickG

Post by RickG »

We love September. The BVIs are basically closed with very little open. White Bay seems to stay open just to support USVI day trippers. St. Thomas has a good bit going on, but Cruz Bay is hopping. Seriously, we laugh as we head into Cruz Bay on our boat as the town looks like there is no longer a low season. When you hit the STJ beaches you'll see what low season looks like - nice quite lonely beach days.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
CHM

Post by CHM »

Thank you! We can't wait!
ArkieLovesSTJ

Post by ArkieLovesSTJ »

September is great, but when is it not great to be on STJ. We have been in September and twice in October. We really enjoy going that time of year.

The beaches are even less crowded. The water is great. Yes, there will be some restaurants closed, but there will still be plenty open. Check out the St. John Spice website for restaurant closings when it gets closer to fall and you will be fine.
Pia

Post by Pia »

And another fabulous site for restaurant closings (obviously last years she usually posts around August) ..

http://newsofstjohn.com/2015/08/12/2015 ... -closings/

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties